Parchment 17: Hogsmeade

I wake up to find the sun coming through the open window, my mind in a mess about the whole thing last night and the dream. Draco in my room, the people, the faces, the mark and the worst, the scream...

How much I don't want that to happen, I don't want that at all. I itch the upper part of my arm, I can still feel the blade-like tip of the wand on my skin, the pain that felt like an electrocution flowing through my veins, along with the scream that brought me back to reality. Then, Draco, he was there...

Shaking my head I get off the thought of him, I have better things to think about. Hogsmeade, traveling there will be a pure joy, and I can ask Dumbledore if I can get my wand also. Defense Against Dark Arts has been a pain without a wand, I just sit on the sidelines and take notes on how other people could improve. If they aren't holding their wand right, not enough or too much force, pronunciation of the spell, and on and on, just busy work, that's what it feels like at least.

Getting up from bed the sound of Corral call draws my attention, looking over I see there's a note that is placed in between some books. Pulling out the note I see my last name in a really nice font, whoever sent me this has very nice handwriting. Opening it up I see the few simple words.

Would you like to come with some of my friends while we're at Hogsmeade today? You can bring one of your own friends along, the more the merrier!

-Hermione Granger

I find myself smiling at the kindness of this girl, she really is open to people, once they open up to her or course... I guess that's what helped us click together, even if it was just for a short walk to the Gryffindor common room.

Without a moment wait, I go to my typewriter and start my response to her.

It's very kind of you to invite me today, I will love being with your friends today, I just hope they won't be scared since I'm Slytherin... I may bring someone else, she's funny and also likes to meet new people. Her name is Mavis Ol-Tell, she's a Slytherin also, and if this change then I guess it will just be me. Thanks for the invite once again!

-Nebula Quest

P.S. could we stop to get a Butterbeer while we are there? We don't have too but it's just a small request...

Taking the response I fold it up and wrap a string around Corrals leg. Petting her feathers I whisper a small address or area for her.

"Gryffindor Common Room, Granger, a girl with fuzzy hair and brown eyes, probably is sleeping or reading.." Corral jumps off the window and swoops upwards.

A knock on my door comes and in comes Mavis, right on time too! I can ask her about today if she would like to go or not.

"Morning!" Mavis says jumping on to my bed, running her fingers down the small dragons back, I can't say lizard or he might get offended...

"Morning," I reply back to her, "would you like to come to Hogsmeade with me and some other people?" Mavis sighs and shakes her head.

"I can't, the Potions class is making me lag behind and I need to get back up with a good grade or I'm going to fail, and-and I can't let that happen," Mavis goes silent for a few seconds, "I'm sorry Neb.."

Inside I wanted to either smack her or smack myself, I can't tell right now or ever. Should have known it would come down to this...

Waving my hand in the air I give my fake reply.

"Oh, it's okay, but sometimes we have to go together," I promise her, oh so much... Mavis nods her head and skipped out of my room. Guess she is just happy with studying, that's okay if she likes it then she can go for it, and if she wants to get better than what other way is there?