Parchment 26: Evening Before Summer

Pansy's words continue to go through my brain, as if they were race cars on a track, coming and going.

What did she mean by it? What is Malfoy hiding? Why is he hiding it? Why did Malfoy tell Pansy firstly, and why did he tell her out of all people. All of these things fill my head as the Quidditch match plays in front of me with Hermione by my side and a girl named Ginny.

Gryffindor is winning currently making both the girls filled with joy. I guess my invisible presence is actually working, though when I'm around Hermione she normally notices it quite quickly and changes it so I'm not invisible.

Today's different I guess.

I get up, my house scarf loosely wrapped around my neck which earns a lot of glares for I was in the 'Gryffindor' section and a snake isn't greeted kindly in a den of lions.

Like that one girl's hat, very interesting if I may say so myself.

"I'm heading down..." I mumble, Hermione looks at me, I can't tell what she is thinking or feeling. Her eyes are blank and face is straight, her mouth goes open when the speaker announces that Gryffindor scored. She jumps up in the air as Ginny hugs her tightly, cheering their house on with all the strength they have.

I walk out, I don't have anything else to do, getting glares gets old fast when it comes from both houses that are enemies in basically everything.

I have no place anywhere right now, and I even packed super fast to make sure I would get there on time. That didn't even count for Hermione I guess, or she was too fascinated that Ron Weasley. I think he just needs more confidence to join the team and practice, then I'm sure he will be much better next year.

My feet are the only sound I hear in the grand halls of stone. Left, right, left, right. Tomorrow is the day we leave, and I'm scared about it, I'm going home to my mom and Carrie, I don't know how to feel about it though.

My mother must know by now that I have a wand and I know how to use it properly. Not unless disarming your father that tried to kill you, a few days ago, is child's play.

Shrugging my shoulders I look up at the right time to see Dumbledore outside his office. I hurry over to him, he acknowledges my presence and turns his attention to me.

"Ah, Nebula, it's been a while since you came to visit me, how is your head feeling?" Here we go, ever since that day he's been a doctor for my treatment or illness that I received from my father, or something during practice.

"It's been okay, the over thinking still happens like always," I stop for a second or two, trying to get my words together so it would make sense when I explained it to him.

"That's why you are here and not with Granger?" I get thrown a loop in this phrase, I didn't think he would ask something like that.

"O-oh, well, kind of, she and Ginny were having fun together and I just left, I told her I was leaving but then the announcer got her attention then.." I tell him honestly if I had to choose a father I would want it to be Dumbledore.

He listens and cares for everyone as if he actually was a father to everyone, which would be weird if it was true, but push that aside.

He's the father I didn't get to have.

"Ah, now, are you still hearing that noise?" Back to the questions, here we go.

"Yes, and it gets very bad sometimes, but it occurs at the most random times," I stop there and try to come up with some way of putting it without him worrying like he does to Harry when his scar starts to act up, "I feel like it's being controlled by someone,"