Parchment 32: "But It Has Mine,"

The whole ride is in the quiet, the woods making there noises with the squirrels and birds inhabiting them, along with the horses hooves mixing in against the ground.

A peaceful and calming area, somewhere to breathe and let everything pass over you.

I find myself being drawn to this place and amazed by all its beauty. Yes it's just woods with life in it, but there's something else that just gives it something else, some different kind of life, making it extra special.

"Nebula,"

"Yes Draco?" I reply turning my head towards him. I see a sort of uncomfortable and uneasy boy before me. "What's wrong?"

"I-it's nothing, it doesn't matter," he says looking around, if something was about to pounce out at him or us in a matter of seconds.

"No, Draco what is it?" I ask, stopping King in the middle of the trail. Draco makes Oliver stop and moves him so he is facing me.

"Nothing, it's very stupid, honestly," I lay a hand on Draco's shoulder, making him look into my serious eyes.

"You can tell me Draco, it won't bother me," he looks at me with the most frightened eyes, as if he was staring into the eyes death.

"My father, he didn't send me here.. I came here on my own will.." Raising my eyebrow I fail to make the connection between his words and what he is actually trying to get across to me.

"And?"

"And what if your father comes back?" My mind freezes at his words. I never thought about it, nor did I want to think about it. The whole image of him and the pain in my neck, with the chance of dying and how I accepted that. How low and unclear I was at that moment.

"It never crossed my mind." I reply honestly to him, though I know Draco was thinking something else.

"But it has mine, ever since he attacked you at practice.."

"Wait, your the one who saw me?"

"And the one who took you too the Hospital Wing." I am taken back by this, how much this is all new and surprising, well maybe. Ever since the night before summer my mind has changed about Draco, just a little bit.

"You did that?"

"Are you mad at me for doing that?" I shake my head, so he is the one that was looking over me during practice and saw me fall off my broom.

"Why would I? I say we are even, you saved my life, you saved mine," I say smiling, a silence comes over the both of us as our heads are down and looking away from one another.

"I'm glad your not mad, for if you were I wouldn't be happy with myself,"

"Care to explain?" Draco laughs lightly and shakes his head. Clear denial, I won't push him. But it will keep me up at night on what he was going to say.

"No, rather not.."

"That's fine with me," I say giving King a starting boost, continuing the journey home.

A sudden fluttering of wings comes above us, frightening me a lot. A whole swarm of crows call out to the others as they fly away, I could have sworn I heard something else in the midst of those blasted birds.

"Odd, for crows to be here," that's just what I was thinking, I dig my heels into King a little more, "wait! Where are you going?" With my voice raised I reply.

"I'm thinking about what you just said!"

。。。

Galloping home, with Draco not too far behind, I reach my destination, nothing seems out of place but there was something just itching at me. Something is out of place but it's to early to tell, it's very well hidden.