Parchment 11: Malfoy's Mother and an Unexpected Guest

I find myself walking around in my Quidditch Queen pajamas once again, I walk over to my typewriter and start writing my letters. For my father, of course, wanted a weekly report on me. Shows his trust.

How little it is.

Father,

It has been a good day so far, got all of my reports done for history and Potions which Snape says I am currently top of my class and we're just starting, the first report was quite easy. Just beginner things, I'm already starting things for later chapters, got to keep ahead as you said before.

How are things with mother going, and the how wand thing, for in one class I know I will need it. Just asking if you could send a letter to Dumbledore so I could go get it on the weekend or on break. For mother won't let me get one before school that's why I was wand-less...

Sincerely,

NX

I take the paper out and pull an envelope from a small drawer on my desk, tucking the letter in I place a stamp on it. Then one to Andrew of course, be slightly more honest but of course, I keep things hidden or in code with him too...

Dear Andrew,

I had to write to someone but, everyone in my house is making me want to leave, and never come back. There are these two annoying kids, Crab and another guy... To my demise, "old school" is happening again. They always point out my flaws. They knock everything out of my hands, even in Potions class, Crab decides to push the liquid, that we were making, on to my uniform. Making holes as huge as your fist, so now my skirt and shirt are ruined, I've been wearing a guys uniform for a week straight and the names just keep coming. Trans, Tommy, and

their favorite, Short Boy Stuff, now you're thinking the last one isn't but, it is, Short Boy Stuff means 'Granddads Flapper Jacks', and I think I know how I should act back. Fight and show them who's boss, but, I can't.

All I can do is run away and cry up in the tower. I'm beginning to weaken, or going to snap. I don't know which one it will be... Quidditch and reading books in my spare time are the only thing that is keeping me sane, honestly. It's hard to fall asleep, I know that I haven't slept, for two days now. I stay awake in class, even though Snape thinks I'm going to drop and fall asleep any second when I haven't yet. Teachers, the only thing they understand and know how to do is give unlimited homework. Well, the time is 14:29, I must finish my report for history, only a scroll left.

Hopefully, I get some sleep, I bet you get more than me now, I remember when it was the other way around. But things change for the best or not...

Sincerely,

Nebula

P.S. I just don't understand why everyone is ignoring me, still. I think the best place for me is here with Drew and Corral in my room. They are getting louder and I don't know how much longer it will be...

Tearing that reply out I do the same to his letter as I did fathers. I give them to Corral and she flies off with them, on a delicate gust of wind coming from the north. There comes a quick set of knocks on my door, there's only one person who likes my presence, in this house.

"Come in Mavis," a happy laugh comes in and sits down on the floor with books in her hands.

"I was wondering if you could help me with Potions, we have that parchment to write by Monday and tomorrow is Friday, can you please help me." Mavis basically pleads I give a small smile down to her, well I guess I won't be getting any sleep tonight either but I guess that's okay.

"Now what are you confused about Mavis?" I simply ask, Mavis laughs nervously and puts her glasses on.

"Basically everything Neb, I don't get any of it," she says honestly, I let out a light sigh and sit down next to her.

This is going to be a short night...

"Well, for Potions you have to know the basics, then once those are down you can do abstract things very easily. Now.." And that is how Mavis got a crash course of Potions, just her and I. I, of course, highlight the most important facts she needs to know and show her the books I had in my possession, along with the notes I took.

。。。

By early morning Mavis is asleep on my bed, I moved here there a few hours ago. I'm awake like I'll always be, but I just can't stop thinking about what Flint said about Malfoy and his family.

What could be so odd about his family, minus the fact he said bluntly about Malfoy's father being a Death Eater. That's one thing I didn't know, well, guess you learn new things daily and weekly. But my father is close to Lucius, due to them both being in the Ministry together were they together, or even in the same year!

With that thought I start to panic, that means I'm like Draco Malfoy. One child, one strict father, his mother? I don't remember her that much, though mother talks about her when she feels like it of course.

"Lean, a model face with a mysterious smirk, look yet no one knows about what she hides. Behind the silent figure is a parent that is wanting change, but if she shows that it ends in a consequence. Her significant other doesn't agree then that just is bad news for her and the one she is protecting.  She's a mother, she will help anyone who can't help themselves. It doesn't matter who it is or if they are an enemy, she will help them. It's the way of a mother.

Half of her is hidden while the false image is shown. But she has no choice, like the one she is trying to protect.."

"I wonder who she is trying to protect, her significant other has to be Lucius but the other has to be Malfoy, not unless it's there house elf..? But that wouldn't make any sense, they treat their elves poorly no matter what.." Sighing I rest my chin in my hand, staring out at the moon that is slowly going down toward the horizon again; while the yellow ball of gas rises.

"If it's Draco then why, it's their only child to carry on the name but, there has to be another reason.." I mumble to myself, I go over to the window and just a few seconds later I get a face full of feathers.

The distressed screeching of an owl is close by me, but it's isn't my owl, it's someone else's. Reaching out my arm for it to land I get talons dug into my wrist instead. I bite down on my lips as I pull the currently freaking out owl inside. Their wings clamping then spreading out, with their feathers near its neck all sticking out. Something scared it out of its mind, I feel the talons digging deeper into my arm. I need something to calm it down. Food, I'll try that.

Keeping calm I pull out the net I have outside, taking out an insect I hold it in front of him. I think it's a him. His eyes widen and snatch up the insect under a second, chomping it with his chipped beak. Wait, I slowly rest my hand on his head, earning a quick snap of his beak on my hand.

The movement behind me means that Mavis is starting to wake up, but then it gets quiet. Letting out a sigh I grab another insect and give it to him. He gladly accepts another appetizer from me.

"Alright, now I want to look at your beak, just for a second, now, please, I want to help.." His green eyes meet up with mine and I slowly reach forward and stroke his beak. The talons start to loosen and trust is connected with us.

"Thank you, now, you seem in pain and this is all recent," lightly running my hand over his feathers I feel a damp area. Well, it's only one thing, drawing my hand back I see blood.

"Someone was after an owl? But who?" He moves his way up my arm and nuzzles his head on my shoulder. I look around for bandages, ones that I've used on Corral when she broke a wing a few times. Pulling them out I start to wrap his wing, he doesn't like it at first but he gets use to it.

What would attack an owl? Another owl? A bigger predator that flies or can jump high, but it doesn't make any sense.

"There's something wrong," I mutter, the owl just moves his head around and ends up falling asleep.

Everyone's falling asleep but me, well, it's better when people get what they want, as they are happy. I can deal without sleep for a few more days, after all. My friends or whoever always come before me.