Chapter 37

Rachel's dress in media. Imagine it less poofy. This is it. This is the chapter before the ball. I'll be doing the ball today as well.

Annabeth's POV

Tonight is the ball and I still haven't figured out my dress. All of the groups have their themes: The Hunters, The Birds, The Precious Metals, The Jewels, and The Flowers. Everyone except for us.

Reyna had a dress already made and it looks like the night sky. I don't know how to fit that into a theme to work for three others. Or maybe just two others. There's been no sign of Rachel since breakfast. Not that I'm too disappointed.

We're meeting in the garden right now. Only Rachel is missing. Piper has been a huge help. I feel bad for being so grumpy, but we have to finish the dresses by tonight.

"How about another type of animal? Like aquatic animals?" she offers.

"Maybe, but that seems a little too close to The Birds and I don't want to do anything like them," I say.

"Okay, I get that."

Just then, the door to the gardens opens and a tired looking Rachel walks in with puffy red eyes. When she sees us looking, she scowls.

"You're not eliminated?" I ask, unable to contain myself.

"No. And I'm so very sorry on your behalf that I'm staying. I know how disappointed you are."

"We still have to make our dresses," Piper reminds us.

"I know, I know. So what other ideas do you have?"

"What do we have?" Rachel asks.

"The Birds, which is Willow's group. Willow is a peacock, Summer is a parrot, Drew is a dove, and Savannah is a swan," Reyna tells us.

"Wait, I thought Drew was a cardinal? Didn't she have a red dress?" Rachel asks, confusion spelt across her face.

"Yes, but she thought it was stupid and demanded a different bird. Anyways, The Hunters are Thalia, Bianca, Zoe, and Hylla. Then The Precious Metals are Hazel, Calypso, and Claire. Claire wanted to be gold, so she's that. Hazel is bronze and Calypso is silver. The Jewels are Clarisse, being garnet, Gwen, who is amethyst, Juniper is emerald, and Silena is a diamond," I ramble off the names.

"Aren't precious metal and jewels pretty much the same thing?" Reyna asks.

"Not really," Piper answers.

"The Flowers is the fourth group. Lacy is a rose, Katie is a sunflower, Lou Ellen is a lilac , and Ella is a peony. The only group we haven't figured out is ours," I finish. "Reyna is the only one with a dress."

"But I can wear that anytime, if needed. Let's just act like no one has a dress and we can be anything," Reyna tells us.

Piper picks a few flowers from the ground and starts to weave a crown out of them. Rachel draws in the dirt. I focus on the sky, wishing that inspiration will strike me.

"What if we did seasons?" Reyna says slowly. I look over and see her smiling broadly at a flower petal.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Each of us could represent a season. Summer, Winter, Autumn, and Spring. That's easy to do."

"Brilliant!" Piper exclaims. "I can be Autumn, if needed."

"I'll be Spring," Rachel adds.

"What do you want?" I ask Reyna.

"I don't care, whichever you don't want," she shrugs.

"Well lets get started," I say, smiling. The rest of the group smiles back at me. For the first time, I feel as if we are a team and not enemies.

The reason this chapter is so short is because I have a question. Should Annabeth be summer or winter? Reyna would be the other one. I can't decide which one they should be since I have ideas for both of them. Next chapter is the ball! Vote who you want for summer and winter.