Chapter 22.

"Annoying loner... that's what." – Safa Muhammad, Gravity.

Chapter 22.

☮ Omar Zohair ☮

"Why would you do that?" as soon as Haneen finished talking, Hammad interrupted. Haneen turned around with a terrified look on her face.

I was furious as well. How could someone be so heartless and get their own loved one in trouble?

"Do you have any idea that because of your stupid mind we almost lost Safa?" Hammad was trying to speak with a low but a firm voice.

"I didn't know he would-

"You knew him? You knew what kind of a person he is and still let him near Safa?" Hammad said. At that point, I decided to leave the conversation. Hammad was handling it pretty well.

"What kind of a monster are you? I am going to go and tell Safa everything once she gets better," I overheard him and then he walked away. Haneen had her head down and in the same position, walked to where some seats were placed.

_____

2 days later, Safa was shifted into a room where she was observed for another 5 days. She would become short of breath every now and then, but then on the fourth day, she was able to eat and walk without becoming short of breath. Hammad had decided to tell Safa when she got a little bit better. In my opinion, that was not a very wise idea. Safa needed complete peace of mind and her having hatred for her little sister right now wasn't best for her health. As predicted, Safa had become angry with Haneen and today was the second day she wasn't talking to her.

"My own sister tried to kill me?" she had said in her crooked voice.

Haneen had her head down and couldn't come up with a reply.

"I am sorry," Haneen had said but Safa had just simply shrugged it off. Since then, Haneen was staying home. Her parents had allowed her to not leave the room until further notice. But something didn't seem right to me. Haneen couldn't try and hurt her like that. But maybe she could. Maybe Abdul offered her money and that makes anyone greedy.

"I'm staying tonight," I said when everyone started arguing about who will stay with Safa.

"I'll be fine," Safa said while she finished her juice.

"Yeah same here," I told her with a smile and she looked away. Everyone said salam and left the room. I sat down on the couch and started my work on the laptop. I filled up the graduation application since the graduation was less than 2 months away.

"Do you need anything?" I asked Safa before I sat down to type my information.

"No," she replied coldly and closed her eyes. I stared at her for a while. Mama had said she was beautiful and charming. I stared at her closely. Mom wasn't wrong. She was. She was beautiful. I really felt lucky at that moment.

But the thought again crossed my mind.

I am doing this for grandpa's sake. I have to hate her or this won't be for grandpa's sake. It'll be for my own sake.

I closed my eyes. Why did I keep forgetting that? I can marry without any hesitation but I shouldn't love her. I can't do that. That would be like betraying my grandpa's last and sincere wish. I had to hate her in order to keep him and ALLAH happy.

I suddenly regretted the decision of staying with Safa. If I hadn't, I would have never paid attention to her beauty. But right now I just did. Astaghfirullah.