Chapter 28

"Well... I think I'm in love." – Safa Muhammad, Gravity.

Chapter 28.

☻Safa Muhammad ☻

The next morning after breakfast, Haneen was sorting out her book shelf. I went in her room.

"What you doin' little sis?" I asked.

"Uni starts in two weeks. I need to see what stuff I will need to buy. Based on this, everything," she said. My Haneen was back.

"Very nice. You should always be organized," I said hesitantly. She looked at me.

"What's bothering you?" she walked closer to me.

"What?! How do you know something's bothering me?" I gulped.

"You never actually acknowledge me...?" she said it like it should be obvious. I smiled nervously.

"What is it?" she asked, concerned.

"Besides Omar?" I said. She rolled her eyes.

"Yeah. Sure," she sat down and I did too.

"Well... I think I'm in love," I told her. Her eyes twinkled in excitement.

"Omg! With Omar?! I knew this day would come. I am so happy for you-

"Not Omar, Haneen!" I shut her down. Her exciting face suddenly turned into a frown.

"Oh. Then with who?" she said.

"I am a little guilty about this but you know as they say, all is fair in love and war," I gave her a hesitant smile.

"Get to the point, Shakespeare," I could tell she was super excited to find out. And I was super scared. This was a secret I shouldn't tell anyone. But here I was, telling it to the least secret keeping person. But I couldn't just tell her "nothing" and leave. I had to tell her or she would make me say it in front of the whole family.

"Well," I took a deep breathe. "Zayan."

I literally noticed as her face expressions turned blank. She was staring deep into my eyes. I stared back at her for an answer or a solution. But there was absolutely nothing that she said.

"Haneen!" I snapped my fingers in front of her eyes.

Her face expressions suddenly changed like she just came out of some deep thought.

"Uh... yeah?" she said, staring at me again.

"Did you hear what I just said?" I asked her. She nodded slowly.

"I did."

"So? What do you think? Should I talk to mama and baba about it?"

She didn't speak anything. It looked like she was thinking about something else right now.

"Haneen!" I clapped once in front of her face.

She got startled.

"Umm... yes! Yes!" she cleared her throat and sat straight.

"Can you please help out? Why are you not paying attention?"

"I am. I'm just... I'm just stressed out about uni. I need to get my things together," she said.

"Just tell me if I should speak to mama and baba about my... umm... love," I asked again.

She was now staring at the ground, not uttering a word.

"Haneen!" I shook her. "Where are you?!" I said in frustration.

"Safa... I-I have to get this stuff together. Can you please give me some space right now?" she got up from her bed and walked over to her shelf.