Chapter 10.

“Omar is evil.” –Hammad Muhammad, Gravity.

Chapter 10.

Note: Enjoy and the next update might be on eid or after eid! But not for the rest of the Ramadan J

Also, you might find some parts that are not very Islamic. So again, to clarify, their families aren’t very religious and besides, IT’S A FICTIONAL STORY. Believe it or not, people are still complaining about the forced marriage thing. May Allah bless you all.

☻Safa Muhammad ☻

After changing into my pajamas, I decided to go down and get a glass of water. It was currently 3:30 in the morning but everyone in my house was awake. I had just finished my juice when I heard some voices from my parents’ bedroom. Out of curiosity, I started walking towards their room. As I got closer, the voices got louder and also understandable. It was Hammad talking to mama and baba.

“…forcing her to marry Omar? What kind of parents are you guys?” he was saying.

“Hammad lower your voice!” my mother’s voice was firm. “I am not going to lower my voice. You guys should lower your gaze in embarrassment. If tomorrow Safa’s in some trouble, you guys will be responsible for it!” he was literally shouting at them.

“Fine with us! Now get out of here and remember, you won’t be getting that new car for a while now”, my mom told him. There was silence for a little while.

“You guys are the worst parents ever!” he said and then I heard footsteps getting closer towards their door. Hammad violently opened the door and walked out, suddenly stopping in his tracks. He gulped when he saw me standing there. I didn’t want to raise my voice at him but I wanted to teach him a lesson so that he won’t raise his voice at mom and dad again.

“What is wrong with you? Have you lost your mind or something? You’re going to shout at mom and dad now?” I said quietly so that mama or baba won’t hear.

“Safa I was only speaking in your defense. I don’t want you getting hurt in the future”, he explained.

“Stop defending me! I don’t need a defense which involves you misbehaving with my parents. I’m happy with everything, what’s going on with you?” I said. He clearly had something going on in his mind. And as much as I was scared, I wasn’t letting it show.

“Safa, Omar is not what you think he is. He is evil”, he told me. I put my hand up so that he would stop talking.

“I don’t care. If mama and baba are happy, so am I. Why would they try to hurt me?” I said, completely unaware of what he was saying. How did he know Omar was evil?

“I’m sorry”, he said with a straight face. “I didn’t know you were in love with him now.”

Ok. Ew.

“Hammad, go apologize to mom and dad. You don’t realize it now but in the future, this misbehaving will cost you a lot”, I told him politely

He shook his head. “Later maybe”, he said and went upstairs. I watched as he walked but then I looked away. Hammad had scared me enough. If it wasn’t haram, I would’ve committed suicide. Sighing, I too walked up the stairs. I had no idea what to do. Or maybe there was nothing left to do. I was stuck with this trap forever. Trap? Yeah trap.

+++

“Safa go open the door maybe they’re here already”, Haneen said as I cut the salad leafs. I rolled my eyes. “When they come, they’ll knock Haneen. Now stop talking and let me work”, I told her and she pouted like a baby. She sat down on the chair next to me and watched as I cut.