Chapter 14.

“Omar? Can we talk?” – Zayan, Gravity.

Chapter 14 –

☻Safa Muhammad ☻

“No way Safa! Did you just really say that?” Haneen gasped as excitement took over her face. I looked at her.

“Said what?” I asked.

“You like Omar?” she asked as to confirm. I rolled my eyes. “Compared to Abdul, Yes. But don’t tell anyone that. I still need to know Omar better before I make a decision”, I went back to reading my book. Her smile looked like it would never end.

“Now let me study. I have a huge test tomorrow”, I told her. With the same smile, she walked inside. I closed my books. I couldn’t believe the kind of guy Abdul turned out to be. I always thoughts he was innocent and would never have this kind of interest in a girl. And let alone me? I never saw him more than a friend and he never saw me as a friend. I picked my phone up and deleted his phone number, his texts and all his snap chats from my phone. I will never talk to him again.

☮ Omar Zohair ☮

The huge burden of tests and huge assignments was finally off my head. Exams ended and I could finally sleep at night and in the day. I had literally put away my bag in my closet until the next semester, just so I won’t be stressed during my days off. During the exams, I hadn’t thought about Safa or what had happened a few months ago a single time. I had so much going on; I didn’t want to kill my brain activity. But now that I was done, it was all starting to come back to me.

“Omar? Can we talk?” Zayan said as he entered my room. I closed my laptop and sat up.

“Yeah”, I said.

He sighed. “Mom sent me here to tell you something very important. It’s about the house”, he began. I stared at him.

“I’m listening.”

“Well… the house isn’t exactly here in South Carolina”, he said. “It’s in Texas.”

I widened my eyes. “TEXAS?!” I shouted. He nodded.

“And here’s another thing. Not with zaipee. It’s in Dallas”, he finished. I sat still as I stared at him.

“Why didn’t anyone tell me about this before?” I was disappointed that my parents hid such big news from me.

“They thought you might get angry and not accept the proposal”, he told me. I ran a hand through my hair.

“They trapped me. They lied to me”, I said as I stood up.

“Omar, stop!” Zayan said. I looked at him.

“I am not going to stop now!” I said as I stormed out my room. I entered the living room and saw my parents chatting among themselves.

“Why am I just hearing about this now?” I said in a firm tone. My parents looked at each other.

“Omar calm dow-

“I am not going to calm down anymore! Why did you guys not tell me about the house? What were you planning?” I shouted. I felt bad for being angry towards them but I couldn’t control my emotions.

“We didn’t want to pile you up with so much information. We thought it would be better if you found out at a later time”, my mom explained.

“Well I’m furious at finding out just now! I am not going to do everything you say like I’m some sort of a puppet. I know how life works… you can’t control me forever!” I used my finger to make my point clear.

I closed my eyes for a few seconds and then continued.

“You’re going to regret doing all this in the future”, I said and walked out the room.

“Omar! Omar, listen to me! Come back here!” I heard my mom’s voice from behind but I was too angry to turn around and go to her. I slammed my room door shut and kicked my chair. I sat down on the bed and took out the small box Safa’s family had given me on the engagement day. I hadn’t opened it, so I decided to open it now.

There was a small letter inside it. I opened it and read it.

Omar,

You and Safa are pefect together.

As soon as I read those words, I ripped the whole paper and threw the shreds across the room. I hit the box on the wall and layed back down. I stared at the ceiling.

After a few minutes, I sat back up and thought about what I had just done. I sighed. I had never shouted at my parents. I was still angry at them but I didn’t want to use a harsh tone on them anymore. So I decided to give them a silent treatment until my anger weared off. When was that exactly? I had no idea.

The next morning I woke up at 10 am and went downstairs to get something to eat. I saw my mom cooking. As soon as I sensed she was about to speak, I stopped her.

“I am not going to listen to anything you have to say”, I said quietly and sat down on the dining table.

“Omar, we’re sorry!” my mom said softly. I scoffed.

“I don’t care”, I replied calmly. She sat down next to me. “I now realize that we should’ve told you earlier. Our mistake”, she said. I looked at her as I swallowed.

“Your mistake or mine, I couldn’t care less about anything you say or do. I know I shouldn’t be angry but I am. I’m sorry but I can’t control what I feel. I just know that I will never feel what you want me to feel for Safa”, I replied and went back in my room. Again, I regretted talking like that. But then again, I couldn’t control how I felt and so for that reason, I couldn’t control my words.

----------

Short I know. But please bare with me. I'm trying to balance school and wattpad and right now, it's really hard for me to do that. InshaAllah, soon the updates will be quicker and longer. Jzk for understanding :)