Chapter 17.

“Omar was looking at you.” – Hafsa, Gravity.

Chapter 17.

☻Safa Muhammad ☻

At dinner we had lasagna, garlic bread and some leftover chicken. Everyone was hungry from the traveling and we barely had some food left after everyone was done. Hafsa and Haneen cleaned up the table and kitchen and the rest went up to their rooms to relax. Hammad has gone to get my dress from the boutique. Haneen had spilled off her ‘plan’ and now there was no way I was going to go get it myself. I had no idea she would do so much just to get me and Omar to bond.

I was watching TV when I got a call on my cell phone. ‘Unknown number’ read the phone. I answered it.

“Hello?” I said.

“Safa, I need to talk to you. Don’t hang up! Please just once,” someone spoke.

I was confused. “Who is this?”

“Abdul,” the person spoke in a low voice.

“Bye Abdul,” I said and was about hang up when I heard his voice.

“No don’t Safa! Just once. I just want to meet you once and then I will never bother you. I promise,” I said.

“Well tomorrow is eid and after that I am busy for a month so I can’t meet you. I am sorry,” I said.

“How about we meet now?” he said. I rolled my eyes.

“It’s 10 O’clock in the night, ok? I can’t drive to some coffee shop at this hour,” I was annoyed.

“You don’t have to. I am standing outside your house right now. And if you don’t come, I’ll start ringing the bell,” he said in quite a serious tone. My temperature boiled up inside.

“Are you blackmailing me?” I said. “There is no way I am going to see your face now.”

“I am not black mailing you Safa! I just want to meet you. It’s all I want,” he said. “Please.”

I sighed. “Ok,” I spoke and hung up. I wrapped my big shawl around me since I was uncomfortable walking in front of him without any covering whatsoever.

I opened the door and walked outside my house. He was standing in front of the garage leaning back on his car.

“Make it quick,” I said, apparently startling him.

“Nice to see you too,” he said with a smile.

“Make it quick I said,” I was being a little firm. A guy like him wasn’t to be trusted no matter what the situation.

“Can I hold your hand?” he said with a smirk. I looked at him.

“Excuse me? Are you here to talk or flirt some more?” my tone got loud. “Hurry up or I am leaving!”

“I see you’re not wearing the ring. What happened? Is the engagement off?” he wouldn’t stop.

“That’s enough!” I said and started walking back to my house.

“Ok, wait,” he grabbed my hand and stopped me. I snatched my hand away.

“One more joke, and you’re going to be in jai!” I warned him.

“If you weren’t engaged, would you accept my proposal?” he began. I clenched my teeth.

“I said-

“I know. But this is why I came here. I need to ask you this question,” he said.

“I wouldn’t accept your proposal if you were the last person on this earth. You are a jerk and I hope no one gets to be your wife,” I said. He clenched his teeth.