Chapter 3

At the breakfast table:

"Come Shre . . I am waiting for your dad, he needs to leave early so lets have breakfast now" said Vasudha but Shreya was still like a statue.

"What is that bothering you Shre . . Do you want to tell me something" hearing this Shreya held her mom's hand and said
"Mom i know you love me alot so i dont want to hurt you by any means but . . I have to say this, Dont call me Shre.. pleasee . . Who ever called me so are not with me and i cant loose you at any cost so . . I am really sorry mom"

Vasudha pov:

I cant believe my ears what shreya was saying . .

Today i will make sure to clear all her insecurities . .

"These many years i was calling you like this but you never told me shreya . . I will never be hurt when you speak your heart dear. Infact i am hurt now that you hid this all the time" saying this i held her hand "what are all other things you want me to ask or say just do it shreya, never hurt yourself by making some assumptions, its better to clear things"

Shreya pov:

"Sure mom" i assured her and we started having food.

"Mom when will karthik come . . Do you know about it?"

"Karthik is already here beta! He reached early morning and attending Isha's engagement" dad answered my question while joining us.

"Dad who is Isha? Why are we not attending her engagement?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Isha is his cousin, he treats her like his own sister he never had. She did not attend your wedding, for that matter any other functions of us. Like dad like daughter . . So this is a kind of revenge we will not attend" dad sounded like a small kid. All his act made mom laugh alot and i was trying hard to supress but ultimately could not :)

"Do not worry we will attend her wedding, this engagement was a little private affair with only their close family so karthik attended . . And we did not inform them that we are back" he said in a serious tone which made mom laugh more.

"Arun do you know Shreya wants a new name from me. So i will call her butterfly . . What do you say?" Mom said making me roll my eyes.

"Thats what i was thinking how can she allow you to call her Shre . . When she didnt allow Suchi,Nishanth,Akshita and even the great Avdesh Ahuja. I thought you got some patent right on it"dad said.

"No . . This girl became senti for that name. I wanted to prove her wrong by calling Shre . . and staying with her. But i do not want to hurt her" mom said.

Dad: Butterfly is nice Vasudha, but what should I call her?

Mom: You call her beta so carry on with that

Dad: No . . Our son will kill me if i call her beta!

Mom: ya . . She is so sweet so call her Mishti

Dad: Ok . . Then i can call her Rasgulla

Mom and dad were so busy in their conversation that they actually forgot i was sitting there. I was sitting like an umpire in tennis match moving my head.

Finally i spoke "Dad please dont call me rasgulla . . One day you people may eat up thinking i am really a sweet"

Dad pulled my cheeks and said "you are really sweet beta"

We had a great time before leaving to our respective works.