Chapter 22

Shreya pov

On Saturday morning all are at home and I started playing with Nivaan. He lost all games and I teased him. "Yes I lost because I am a big boy only Lilliput's win this game" he said in his sweet voice. "What did you say?" I asked him shocked.  "Lilliput . . Lilliput . .Lilliput" he said laughing and ran away. "Who said you that? Nivaan tell me" I ran behind him. 

We were running all over garden, home and laughing. Sometimes he catches me and then its my turn. In between Nishanth used to join but only we both played. We did not know when it became evening, Nishan and Avdesh are sitting in hall and we are still running, shouting. 

Suddenly I saw him before me and lost balance but thank god I have excellent reflexes that I managed not to fall on him. But when was fate on my side Nivaan who was running behind me pushed me and I eventually fell on him. He held me in his arms and I was lost in his eyes. He is looking dashing in his suit and that smile on his face makes me fall more for him.

Karthik pov

I finished my meeting by evening and started to Mr.Avdesh Ahujas place. When I entered I saw Shreya and Nivaan running and others are enjoying looking at them. I never saw Shreya this much happy before, I can see a kid in her. Whole house was filled with their giggles and I started to move in. She came running towards and tumbled but alas! she did not fall on me. I felt like she applied some sudden brakes . . Why cant she fall on me? I cursed. I think god heard me she fell on me as little Nivaan pushed her. I held her and lost myself in her eyes. Those eyes speak a lot . . 

"Karthik!! What a pleasant surprise" Nishanth said excitedly spoiling our moment. They offered me snacks and I sat with them but saw Shreya and Nivaan running again but silently. "Shreyaaa and Nivaan!! come here now" Akshitha shouted at top of her voice making everyone startled. "You both are running from morning, even you skipped lunch. Now come and eat" she continued. I was shocked to hear that. Both of them nodded their heads, even my wife is doing like Nivaan. They were going upstairs "Where you both are going? I told you to eat na?" again Akshitha shouted. "Mom we will wash our hands, legs and face. Otherwise germs will enter our body" Nivaan said making us shocked.

They came down but still did not start eating. "Now why are you not eating?" same person same question. "We are still panting, after running we should not eat immediately. Its not good for health" Nivaan said again. "See he knows better than a doctor here" Mr.Avdesh taunted his wife and we all are trying to suppress laugh. Meanwhile Nivaan came and took my blessings. I am very much impressed with this kid he is so well mannered and exactly like his father. "Who taught you all this?" Avdesh asked Nivaan. He went to Shreya and hugged her. "I am proud of you sis, you will be a good mother" He said.  "But Shreya you became naughty being with Nivaan" Akshitha complained. "I am very happy today, whole house was filled with your giggles. It sounded like pleasant music" Avdesh said hugging Shreya. 

They share good bonding, no one can even doubt that they are not related by blood. When we were about to leave Nivaan started crying. "Bua . .(Aunt) you said you will stay till sleep. Dont go now please" he cried and his cute face became like tomato. "Stay till dinner Karthik, for first time you came here" Mr.Avdesh insisted. I could not say no to him. We discussed regarding business and Shreya watched Tom and Jerry with Nivaan. Later we moved for dinner. Shreya started feeding Nivaan from her plate.

 "Guess what you have surprises today" Akshitha said with a huge smile. "Dessert??" both Nishanth and Avdesh shouted. Shreya and Akshitha nodded with smile. "I am full serve me dessert" Nishanth said. "Me too" Avdesh added. "Stop drama! you just started now. I will not give you at least a bite if you wont eat properly" Shreya warned. I looked confused. "Shreya is dessert queen, here we all are fans of her dishes. You get chance to eat daily unlike us" Akshitha bhabhi answered . I saw there were two sweets and one I dont know what. "This is Rasgulla cake. Hope you like it" Shreya said serving us. Amazing! Awesome! thats the feeling i got when i ate. Meanwhile cat fight started for remaining dish. "You all ate this fast?" I asked them surprised. "Otherwise we will not get extra" Nishanth said. 

I understood daily what I am missing. Shreya sang a lullaby for Nivaan and made him sleep. Later we bid them bye. In car I was just stealing glances at her. I cannot stare as I have to drive too. She was enjoying outside view with cool breeze disturbing her hair. I cleared my throat to gain her attention. "I like drives at night with cool breeze like this" she said. "I know" I said casually. She gave me a questioning look. I  just gave a smile. "You know what you are looking dashing today, I mean you are handsome but today little more" she said tucking her flicks at ear. I did not know what to say, I did not expect. "Oh god! you are blushing. I should do that not you" she said bringing me out of my dreams. 

"You are looking very happy today try to be like this everyday Shreya" I said. "I always smile, didnt you observe?" she smiled. "You do but now its more beautiful" I said looking into her eyes. "The reason is your smile and blush too" she said and winked. "Someone became naughty, even winked too" she turned away while I was saying . . "Shreya your cooking its just superb and your song its like honey flowing into ears" I said genuinely. "Thank you, So are we going for long drive?" she asked. "Great observation dear, yes we are" I complimented.

We enjoyed our ride, her talks, expressions, jokes were filled in my mind. I did not want this night to end but she was tired so we headed to home. First time even I slept with a smile like her. She is my life.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Another update :) 

Please vote and comment