Chapter 33

Shreya Pov

Shopping with shopholics when you are someone who doesnt give a damn about it, then its the ultimate punishment you can have. Seriously I am facing it now. I havent seen a bride who does shopping before the day of her marriage. Preetisha is crazy!

Anokhi and preetisha are like two poles whose tastes never match and I am stuck in this never ending thing. "Its enough! Now whatever I select its final" I shouted. In next 10 minutes we were out.

"You are super fast and I love these" Preet squealed hugging shopping bags. We reached her home and helped in preparations. I know both my friends dreams, so here I am making sure that they are fulfilled. Mind you! Its all without their knowledge.

After a tiring day I reached home and slept but my phone vibrated. I cursed the person who is calling and lifted with my eyes closed. "Shreya!! Can you stay with me tonight?" Preet asked in sobs. I jumped out of my bed "Do not cry baby, I will come" I said.

"Sorry da, I am just scared. I will send anyone to pick you, wait outside your home" she said "You are getting married to your love so you should be excited" I adviced her and packed all things required in a bag. "Karthik!! Karthik!!" I tried to wake him "hmmm . . " he mumbled. "I am going to Isha's home. Meet you tomorrow" I shouted in his ear. "Ok bye" he said in his sleep.

I made sure the door is locked and stood outside. I was lost in thoughts of morning, how Karthik shouted? How my in-laws didnt stop him? What all he said were buzzing me. I heard a sound and became alert, these days I have a feeling that someone is following me. I did not say anyone as I was not sure.

I started looking around and saw someone walking but there was a sudden sound and he started running. "Hey stop! Who are you?" I shouted running after him. I held him and he covered his face with his hands. He pushed me on floor but I got up and caught him again. This time he banged me on wall twice, every thing around me became blurred.

A car stopped but he ran away before anyone came out of it. "Shreya!!!" I heard a voice and its Anokhi. I signed her to bring my bag and sat in car. She drove me to hospital, being doctor she did not trouble me with questions.

My treatment started and few tests were done. Finally I opened my eyes happily that I am still sane. "Luckily you do not have fractures but your arm is bruised and minor injury on side of your head" Anokhi informed and I involuntarily kept my fingers on injured spot.

"Anokhi please do not tell this to anyone" I asked her. "No, no. Tell me what all happened?" She ordered. I explained her what all happened. "How can she ask you to come this late?" She cursed Preet. "Its her marriage tomorrow, its totally my mistake of not being careful" I pleaded her and she finally accepted.

"How come you are near my home?" I asked "I went to airport, to bid Nishanth bye" she said blushing "I thought I will stay with you tonight" she added. "Good that you came, May I know what did Nishanth do that you are blushing?" I said pointing her cheeks. She blushed more.

My phone vibrated and Anokhi kept it on speaker "Hey Shreya! All are busy, no one is coming to pick you. What shall we do now?" Preet sounded sad. Anokhi was about to talk, I stopped her "Ok I will come in early morning, Good night" I cheered.

"What was that? You are not going any where" Anokhi glared. "Still there is time till then I will take rest" I said closing my eyes. "On one condition that I will be with you and you should not take any stress" she said and I nodded.

We reached her home as I promised, Anokhi became busy as she started doing all my works and made me rest. Later I wore a red and cream saree, to cover my hand I let it fall on one side, I changed my hair style to cover my wound on head. Without any help for the first time I did little make up. "Wow you are looking pretty and good hair style" Anokhi complimented.

All the guests arrived, I saw Karthik is looking great in traditional wear. "Checking out your husband?" Anokhi said making me cough. All rituals started, I saw shruthi in between. Ankith and Preetisha are very happy as the decoration is traditional yet trendy the way they dreamt.

"Shreya dear, you are looking beautiful" Mona aunty said keeping kajal dot behind my ear. She speaks what is in her heart without hesitation, I am always happy that I am on her good notes. "Come with me, let me introduce you to someone" she said pulling me with her. "She is Shreya, best friend of both bride and groom. She did all arrangements and helped us all" she said proudly, "Not only that, she applied haldi first and mehendi too" Ankith's mom added.

"All those are ok but tell me why are you introducing me to my husband and my in-laws?" I questioned with a naughty smile and I saw her face went pale. "I am really sorry Vasudha, I never  thought Shreya is your daughter- in law. You are lucky to have her. I take back all my words I said earlier" Mona aunty said folding her hands. I stood confused not knowing whats happening.

Karthik took me to a corner, "Did you attend all other functions?" He asked me skeptically. "Yes I did, I used to leave early as usual you people come late. May be that is why you do not know" I said arrogantly. He shook his head and smiled. "I missed only sangeet" I said.

"Mona aunty taunted mom that my wife is careless, does not think about our family and all. She scolded me for dancing with someone but not my wife" he explained. "So that is why you all were upset with me" I stated. "Mom and Dad never faced anything like this. So I shouted on you, Sorry" he said cupping my face. "Its my mistake, I am sorry" I said looking down.

"Its just a misunderstanding. Let me see your hands" he took my hands in his. "See how much I love you, your mehendi colour is this dark. I never know that I love you this much" he said making design on my palms. "Let me find my name" he said pulling me closer to him. "I think we should go" I mumbled. "As you say my beautiful" he said but did not leave my hand.

Karthik followed me where ever I went and held my hand whenever possible. He behaved like love stuck puppy. After all rituals I gifted my friends many things which they wanted to have randomly. "Thank you so much!! You are the best" Preet hugged me. "After seeing this you will change your words" Karthik said and gave them an envelope. I saw both Ankith and Preet were surprised "You are the best" they said at a time and hugged him. "I told you"  he said with a smirk.

My head started paining and I was not able to stand too. "Where are mom and dad? We will leave" I asked Karthik. "They left already. Come lets go" he said.

"Wont you ask me what did I gift?" he asked with a smirk. "Tell me" I tried to sound excited. "Well its their honeymoon tickets, for one month" he winked. My eyes went wide thinking he let them go for one month!! What about work? I felt sad that we did not even go for honeymoon. Oh no what am I thiinking! After marriage we were not together for many months.

I closed my eyes as my head started spinning. It never happened like this. I slept in car itself.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Hope you like this chapter. Many twists will happen and revealed too

Thank you all for your support

Please comment and vote