Chapter 36

Shreya Pov

My professional life is on roar with all deadlines being met and new projects I am handling are done at swift movement. Everything between Karthik and me is good, its just  good. I always feel there is a spark missing, may be its all my imagination.

"Its more than a month but why did Preet and Ankith not return" I questioned. "They extended their honeymoon" Karthik said rolling his eyes. I was shocked to know that. "You have so much work at office, why did you allow them?" I asked. "I cannot deny my sister's wish, you know her well" he sighed. Yes, may be she did emotional blackmail. 

Everything is so good except my weekends, as a bomb lands on my head. When my in-laws were there Shruthi never came home but now every weekend she makes sure to spoil my mood by her presence. Whenever Karthik is with her he laughs more and its more of life than the smiles which he give normally. They make a good couple, I hate Shruthi. 

I am not jealous, may not be completely but her behavior and attitude irritate me. She literally treats me like a crap. She never leaves a chance to embarrass me. First time when she tasted my handmade food, she gave an expression which I never forget. "How can you eat this food daily?" was the question she asked Karthik. She may be a great cook but I felt very bad as I was always proud of my cooking skills.

Its holiday for me today and even Karthik is staying home to give me company. Great! We will get sometime together. I prepared breakfast and set the table. I rushed to door and opened when bell rang "Hey Shreya! How are you?" Shruthi greeted. Oh no! Cant she leave us alone? I thought but gave her a smile. She had breakfast with Karthik and they left to study room. I stayed with my hunger as we have this uninvited guest.

When I started preparing lunch Shruthi came to kitchen with Karthik "I want to prepare lunch, so you can take rest" she said in commanding tone. What?? Who is she to command me? "If you want you can, no need to advice me to take rest" I spat out. With nothing to do I started doing paper crafts with all kinds of instruments, colors around me. 

To my surprise, Karthik was assisting her in kitchen which he never even offered me. I got disturbed, adding to that are their laughs. I have a clear view of kitchen and I hated it. I saw Karthik being close to her, blowing air on her face and all. I had tough time in controlling my emotions, I held things in my hand tightly. Slowly tears started to form in my eyes but I did not allow them to flow. But something else fell on my other hand. It is . . .

It is my blood! First I thought its my illusion but then I saw I held sharp scissors in my right palm and held it tightly. I ran to washroom and cleaned but this blood is flowing like river. I took my wallet and wrapped my palm with a cloth and hurried to hospital. Its a deep cut and I felt drained with all this hospital stuff.

When I reached home Karthik and Shruthi arranged table for two, it meant them. They did not even care when they saw me. I cleaned all the things which were soaked in my blood, how much blood I might have lost? I wondered. I ordered food for me from my friends restaurant. I literally  barked on them to send  as soon as possible. What to do, its hungry and angry Shreya making me do this.

My parcel came in few minutes with a token of gift for my shouting. Its all part of their good customer service, I felt happy and paid double amount. I sat far away from both of them who are having their lunch. They did not even ask me to join, Why Karthik? I ate slowly enjoying each bite. 

"Why are you eating with left hand?" Karthik asked me. As my right hand is hurt I wanted to say but decided against it. "I am eating with spoon" I said blankly. "Funny, Answer me" he glared at me. 

"My wish" I said not looking at him. "Mannerless" Shruthi commented. I ate fast, opened ice cream tub (token of gift) and was lost in enjoying it. "Care to share" Karthik said with a smile. "Sorry its all mine" I said holding the bowl tight. "You are such a miser" Shruthi said and pulled Karthik away with her. 

"Bye Shruthi, Thank you so much for coming. I had a great lunch" I said warmly. Thats the truth . . She left with a fake smile for me and hug to Karthik. "What was that?" he asked me but I ignored him.

"What happened?" Karthik screamed holding my right hand. "Err . .This is nothing" I tried to move but he held me tightly looking into my eyes. It means he needs answer. "Something which happened when an insecure wife saw her husband romancing with his shameless girlfriend" I said and pushed him. He did not react for few seconds. "How dare you to call Shruthi shameless?" he shouted. Out of all what I said he heard only this. Superb! 

"She can say anything to me anywhere and I cannot comment on her even before you?" I asked him in low tone. "Never comment on her, She is not like you" he warned. "Why did she come? To spoil my day?" these words slipped out of my mouth. 

"She comes every week end on office work as she works for me. Do you know I go to office on Saturday too? I did not want to leave you alone so I started working from home and she was assisting me out of her kindness. We are doing this for you and here you are blaming" Karthik shouted holding my shoulders. 

Is he showing sympathy on me? Why does he not protest or stop Shruthi when she taunts me? May be he too thinks same. From then I started working everyday, I immersed myself with so much work that no other thought crosses my mind. I hardly get time to sleep now, so no question of fight or anything. Its helping me a lot so I continue it.

 . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Now Shreya distanced herself from Karthik. What will happen?

Thank you all

Please Comment and vote