Chapter 10

Shreya pov:

With the flow of days even my friends became close. Preet and Anki became part of my world of friends. But i cannot understand this coldness between Nishanth and Ankith. Somethings always remain mystery, may be this is one of that.

"Shreya will you come with me for shopping?" Mom asked early morning. "Wow . . That means you are asking me to bunk office?" I asked her out of surprise. "No!! You take leave for half day. Thats more than enough. Is that ok baby doll?" She said twisting my ear.

"Anything important mom? I know you wont ask me otherwise" I asked her. "I am going to Mumbai with your Dad. He has a meeting to attend and i will meet our relatives. So lets buy some gifts for them" she said.

"Vasudha you might have said her that we are leaving to give them some privacy" Dad winked at mom. Oh!! They are in very good mood let me join your game. "Haa dad we stay in our office and have your so called privacy. But you cant have with mom na? So you have planned this trip . . I know" I said with an innocent look.

"I . . I am going. Bye" Dad said to no one in particular and to my shock he is blushing!!! Mom was laughing beside me like there is no tomorrow to do that. "Mom!!! What is happening?" I asked her still in shock.

"You were teasing my Dad and my mom is enjoying" Karthik answered with a huge grin. When did he come? Oh he is here only na!! Err . . I scratched my head in confusion. "Good job Shreya . . Thats like my baby doll. Arun wanted to tease you but you shut him!! It never happens dear. Ok we are leaving for afternoon flight and will be back soon. Take care" she informed.

"Mom shall I drop you both to airport?" Karthik asked. "Let the love birds alone karthik, they will have more time together" saying this I  ran out. I do not want to face them after saying that.

What a life!! I am teasing my in-laws that too infront of my husband. Great Shreya!!!

Later I went for shopping with mom. "Mom can you tell me about Shruthi?" I asked her. "Shruthi is a nice girl with lots of passion towards career. She used to be very close to Karthik. We do not know what happened later" She answered without hesitating. "Mom I saw her recently when I met Preetisha at cafe. So I just thought of asking you" I explained the reason behind my question. "Its ok Shreya I told you that I will answer all your questions. So tell me what else you want to ask." She asked.

Me:  Mom didn't you try to know the reason for their break up?

Mom: We tried but no one knows the reason. We could not ask Karthik directly as he never said us about his love.

Me: What? So you heard it from his friends about it?

Mom: No Shreya . . We know that they were in love but my son did not say me directly.

Me: You might have given him some time mom, may be he might have told you. Now he missed opportunity right???

"What?? Are you accusing me? We gave him enough time and never pressurized him to do anything against his wishes" Mom shouted. "No I am not accusing, I am just expressing my views" I calmed her with my words. "Good that you are expressing. You know that Arun and me both say to follow what your heart says, then why will we force our own son. Do not think you are some unwanted person in his life. He accepted you with whole heart, that is why he married you. Do not have any second thoughts, Just trust your husband and yourself. Everything will be fine" She answered all my questions as if she read my brain. 

I went to office after shopping and in the evening reached home early to find Karthik at home.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Such a sweet in-laws. If there i any confusion please let me know. 

Please comment and vote