Chapter 29

Karthik Pov

"Do you trust me?" . . . I am tensed to know what she thinks. She continued eating her food and signaled me to do the same. "When we are hungry and angry our mind will not be stable. Even you were hungry but you do not know" Shreya answered cleaning table. After eating I am feeling better, may be she is right. "I trust you Karthik" Shreya said looking into my eyes. "Really?" I said in low tone. "Any doubt?" she said trying to raise her eyebrow but could not. We both laughed at that.

"Do you think I am trustworthy? What if I break your trust?" I asked her genuinely. She took my hand in her small palms "Only trusting is my part, to keep it or break its completely in your hands. I am doing what my heart is saying me to do" Shreya held my hand tightly. "Thank you sweet heart" I engulfed her in my hug. "I am sorry to hurt you" I said releasing her.

"I did not expect you will come to party. Seeing you with Nishanth I do not want people to think you came because of him. I understood you too got invite so you were there. To prove that I said those words, I know its wrong way but any other idea did not struck" I explained. "Are you jealous Mr.Husband?" she asked me teasingly. "Me? No . . Nishanth asked you to dance on one knee, such a gentleman. Even I am not that good. I know you both very well so I am not jealous" . . "I thought you were jealous" she mumbled. "I felt bad as I missed dancing with my gorgeous wife. Why did I not ask you before? I am so dumb" I said shaking my head. "That you are" she smiled.

"Shreya after my first dance you were amazed I understood that but after second you did not even look at me. You were worried too. Why?" I observed she got stiffened by my question. "Nothing, just worried about our performance" she said in hurry. Then definitely there is something which I should find. I wanted to ask her about that Ashish but I changed my mind thinking . . now Shreya is my wife all other things does not matter.

We climbed stairs talking, when I was about to go "Do you think you can sleep in that room?" Shreya stopped me. I just shrugged. "I think you cant, come with me" she suggested. "Nivaan will be disturbed and place wont be sufficient" I said. "Dont worry, Nivaan is the first child so we gave him all comforts along with this king size bed" Shreya opened door saying this. Every word of her is true, his room looked like a mini mansion. We slept on either side of Nivaan. "Morning he will be very happy to see us" Shreya said ruffling Nivaan's hair. "He will be happy to see you" I corrected her. "You dnt know yet, he loves you so much" Shreya said and slept off.

Morning when I woke up I saw Nivaan sleeping in Shreya's hug. I too joined them and took a selfie. After sometime they woke up and Nivaan was very much excited to see us both. He started jumping on bed and we played with him. Finally he went to fresh up. "See I told you that he loves you" Shreya gave winning smile.

Shreya Pov

When I came into living room I saw Karthik strolling "Shruthi! How much time will you take?" he shouted. "Coming baby" I heard her. Whats happening!! "When did you get your clothes?" I asked Ankith. "Your husband arranged as we cannot go out in party wear" he answered casually. "Why are you shouting? I am getting ready, cant you wait?" Shruthi pouted. "Sorry baby, we will be getting late. Next time I wont shout" Karthik held his ears saying that. What am I seeing? Why are they behaving like newly wed couple. I want to bang their heads at this moment.

"Karthik, can you keep this with you? We have to give this to mom" I asked him politely. "No, keep it with you" he said rudely. "Actually we are going out, it will be misplaced so he said no" Preetisha explained her brothers anguish. He too can say that but no . . Hurting me, soothing me and then ignoring became a routine for him. "Have your breakfast and then leave" Akshitha bhabhi offered. "You cannot say no" Avdesh bhai added. I sat on sofa rubbing my hands. My brain is thinking too much and I am frustrated.

"Shreya come fast" I heard . . "I am not hungry, Where is Nishanth?" I shouted. "He went to office for some work" Akshitha answered. "Idiot! he should have informed me" I cursed and started texting on my phone. "Nivaan went to his friends house" Akshitha bhabhi said. "I did not ask then why are you saying" I shouted again. "You may scold him too so . . " she mumbled. I just glared at her. Today I am not having hold on my anger. Suddenly someone held my hand and dragged me to dining table. Its Avdesh bhai so I cannot shout. "Sit properly , Listen to me and eat" he ordered and started feeding me.My heart melted with his concern. "I will eat" I said pulling plate from him. "Do what I say" he said sternly.

"Shreya you are the most calm headed person I have seen. May be you got that from your dad but you are better than him. Even I am trying to learn by observing you. Till date I have not seen you losing your control but just now I think I saw that. Whatever may be the reason do not bottle up your feelings so that you can stay calm" he said. "Thank you, I am full" I said. "Oh I am feeding you so you took me for granted? If you do not finish this you have to tell all of us about you and Ashish" Avdesh bhai blackmailed. I took the plate and gulped the food as fast as I can. He started laughing looking at me. "Done" I said. "I was kidding Shreya" he said and continued laughing with his wife. "Anyway thank you for feeding me bhai, I do not remember anyone doing that for me" I said warmly. Thats the truth. Even mom did not do as she thinks if i eat like that after my marriage who will do that for me.

"Shall I drop you?" Avdesh bhai offered. "No, you took care of me like mom. Now Jai will fulfill his duty" I said leaving them."Do you remember I gave you an important work?" he asked. "Going to do that only" I answered. I packed my things in a college bag. I saw Karthik and gang bidding bye. I too waved a bye and saw a handsome guy sitting on his beauty.

"Is he for real or any greek god?" I heard Preet and turned to them. Shruthi and Preet were drooling and the other two are may be jealous. "Hey hero, How many lives will you take off with your beauty?" I hugged him. "That many as you take off sis" Jai answered. "Look at them, they are dying for your single look" I whispered. He just chuckled. "I wont sit on back of this. People will be jealous of me and I do not want that" I whined. "Who told you to sit back when you can drive it" he said throwing his keys to me. "THANK YOU!!!" I shouted. "Now all will be jealous of me" he said sitting behind me. "In your dreams" I taunted. Just then Karthik raced out his car with full speed.

"Jai would you mind if I drive fast?" I asked him before starting. "If you have license I wont mind" he aid holding my bag. "Once again proved you are a cop" I started his beauty."Shreya! do you know tomorrow morning headlines?" he asked seriously. "No bhai" I said worried. "Girl in ethnic wear driving 'Royal Enfield' like a racer" he chuckled. "And ACP Jai is sitting behind her" I added. "Women empowerment, I will say that" we both laughed at his statement. I spotted Karthik's car at signal and stopped beside it.

From the corner of my eye I observed all the four in car are looking at us in shock. "You are lucky boss" someone on other bike commented. "May I know why?" Jai asked. "Forget about driving my girl will never even hold my bike. But here you can sit back enjoy" he explained. "I am tired after my night shift and my great sis offered me ride" Jai started conversing with him. I accelerated the speed and crossed their car. There was not much traffic making things easy for me. All the way Jai discussed his present case with me. Every time he explains solved cases but this is something which is bothering him so he shared few facts.

We reached his home, as I have to execute my plan. "You learnt driving from Ashish na?" Jai questioned. I nodded and lost in my thoughts.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who is this Ashish?

Please vote and comment