School Years are the best years of your life

Here is the third chapter.

Hope you are enjoying the story.

Vote and Follow if you like.

Chloe x

Chapter 3

                The school was nicknamed “The Prison” by the students and most of the teachers. It was a typical inner city school. It was dull and grey. It was old and looked like it would fall down any minute. There were holes in the ceiling and all the walls were painted a same dull cream. The whole place was surrounded by this tall, green, wired fence. Was it to keep strangers out or lock us in? The students weren’t much better. Sometimes I feel like I walk around with the word freak written across my head. No one seemed to accept me. Everyone seems to have this survival instinct that says to avoid me. I can’t really blame them. I had been there a day and already the bullies had come out to play and insult me. Freak. Weirdo. Everyday seemed like more and more of a gruesome trial as if it was sent to punish me by God himself. The classes were repetitive and I knew the answers before the question was even spoken. I passed all my tests with ease but it still really didn’t make school life much better.

                One group of boys really seemed to hate me. Their leader was a boy named Kyle. He forever threw insults at me and made my life a living hell. One day, I left for school with Scarlett. Before I even made it out of the door I had another encounter with the three girls. Luckily Scarlett and I made it out unscathed but I just had a feeling like this day was going to get worse. We took a steady walk to school but I was greeted at the gates by Kyle.                                                                                                       

   “How are you today, Alex?” He smirked, flanked by the rest of his gang.                                                              

    “Fine, until I saw your face,” I remarked back.                                                                                                

    “Well. Let me just tell you that you aren’t going to have a good day today,” He snarled.                    

           He barged past me nearly knocking me off of my feet. I sighed. Somehow I knew that he was being serious, even if I hadn’t already read his thoughts for his various schemes. I trudged into school. Scarlett just knew better than to talk to me at that moment. She knew people didn’t accept me and even though she tried I told her to forget it. I couldn’t let her drag herself into my own torment as I was the one who knew how bad it felt. Nobody was going to change their attitude towards me. Not now. Not ever.

                I seemed to stumble my way through the first few lessons. I had English first. English is one of the few lessons I enjoy. You can practically analyse any piece of text, create some deep meaningful thing about a single, supposedly interesting, boring word and you can guarantee yourself an A by the time you reach GCSE. Plus with my ability I can steal anyone’s decent ideas but I often prefer my own. The teacher was a young pretty woman. She had a small, mouse like face with short choppy blonde hair. She was thin and attractive and it was always great to listen to her teach. She was the one of the few teachers in this hell hole that actually seemed to care about what she was teaching. She was always passionate about the stories she taught us. Miss Evans was always sympathetic with me. She would often let me know that she was there if I wanted someone to talk to. I never did but I always appreciated her offer. Every other teacher treated me as if I was just another one of the city thugs.