A New Life

Chapter 7

                I have never really told you about me. I am now 16 and my birthday is the 31st of January. My name is Alexandria Maria Burton. Maria was the name of my mother so I added it as my middle name to make me feel closer to her and remember her. Alexandria was my mother’s first and only choice for my first name. The only thing I can ever remember her saying to me was the day before she died. To say I was only two I remember it crystal clear.

                Flash Back.

                My mother dressed me in a pretty little summer dress which was pink covered in pretty little purple flowers.

                “Don’t you just look adorable, Alexandria,” She cooed, standing back to take a better look at me.

                Being my little inquisitive self I asked her a question.

                “Why did you call me Alexandria?” I asked swaying my dress side to side like a princess would.

                “Well, people may think it is strange but I heard a whispering voice in my dreams the night before you born. It was just one word. Alexandria. It means Defender of Mankind,” She answered, kneeling down in front of me.

                “Wow,” I answered in awe.

                She cradled my face in her hands.

                “Just remember that you are special. You are different. You have something inside you and you are going to do great things. I know it. When you are older you may understand why I have said this but you are special. Never forget that. Remember love and loyalty and you will make it through any situation. I love you Alexandria,” My mum spoke with this sense of wonder and conviction emanating from her voice.

                I always remembered her saying that but I never really understood. She knew I had abilities and it always made me wonder whether there was something greater meant for me. I felt the meaning of my name was quite ironic. I felt like my power would be more of a destroyer of mankind.

My appearance is quite striking. I am fairly small and have a petite figure. I have slender legs that lead to a small waist. My face is what you would call perfect. I am not trying to sound big headed but I never get spots or black heads, it has a perfect complexion with rosy cheeks which any girl would die for. I never need to wear makeup. My face is slender with a cute little nose. My lips are plump and a beautiful light shade of red that is natural. My teeth are perfectly in line and white. My eyebrows are perfectly styled even though I have never done anything to them. I have long fluttering eyelashes that define my eyes.  I have long, silky smooth flowing hair that lies perfectly in line with my waist. It is a deep natural brown shade that shines delicately in the sun. I am what you could call the dream girl. The one every girl dreams of being like.

                Then there are my eyes. My eyes are extraordinary. I have never seen anyone to have eyes like mine. They are a light, bright crystal blue colour that seems to shine. You look into them and they glisten and sparkle like thousands of diamonds not only in the light but in the dark too. They look like they seem to flow like the colour flows back and forth like calm gentle waves rolling onto a shore. They show every ounce of my emotion. Sometimes in the right light you can see a slight glint of a rainbow colours. My eyes mystify me.