Maybe I am not Alone

Chapter 8

                So here I was. I was exactly one month into my A levels. I had chosen to stay at the same school. I had flown through my GCSE exams passing with 9 A’s and 2 A*’s which I must tell you I never cheated once. I decided to test my own knowledge and see if I was good enough or not. I guess I was.  It is a small 6th form centre with a very few ten of us from year 11 staying here as the new year 12’s with a few others from the other schools but that only left us with a very little 16 of us in total. This suited me just fine. Those that had stayed from my year only vaguely knew me so I knew I could change how I looked without too much bother.

As soon, as I started 6th form I changed my appearance a little. I still wore mostly normal clothes except they were often hidden by a baggy jumper or too big hoodie. I decided to hide my figure to hopefully make people less interested but of course they could still see my face. This kind of became my new style from now on and it did seem to work. There were only the few glances at me because of my face but that was it. Those that had come from different schools soon learnt I was the girl that didn’t talk to anyone and just to avoid me.

My past two years have been nice. It has been calm and peaceful. School has been boring and tedious but that is what I wanted. No unexpected surprises. I was living with a family who loved me and cared for me which is more than I could ever have imagined. My life had changed so much and I was well and truly glad that it had.

There was only one thing that had been unexpected. I didn’t know what it meant. It first happened on the day of my 16th Birthday. I finally decided to go to bed. I walked over in my onesie and kissed Mark and Louise before yawning and outstretching my arms. I trudged a bit like a zombie out of the living area and climbed up the stairs to my bedroom the first door on the left. I entered my bedroom and pulled back my covers before climbing in. I snuggled myself up the warm covers feeling the soft fresh linen against my face. I felt totally calm when I go to bed. I have no worries about who will bully me next or who will cause me a problem. I soon fell asleep.

I usually dream quite a lot but I never remember what it is in the morning but this was when I first experienced this dream. I was in a forest. It was lush and green but it was mysterious. I could feel the grass under my bare feet. You could actually hear the rustle of the wind blowing high through the trees. It made me feel safe. It felt like I had come home. I could actually smell the flowers beneath my feet and saw them in all different shades of colour. I looked down upon myself. I was in a pure white dress that was flowing back against the wind, the train of the dress waved delicately behind me. The dress fit me perfectly. It was simple but with this surroundings it fit. It hugged delicately around  my bust and my waist before flowing softly to the ground. I could feel the soft smooth texture against my skin. I could even feel the breeze blowing my hair back from my face. Where was I?

That was when I noticed the three figures. It was three boys. They were all wearing white too. However, I couldn’t make out much about two of them they were too far off in the distance. There was one who was about twenty metres in front of me. He was easily the same age as me. He looked amazing. He had rich brown choppy hair in a messy style and he had exactly the same eyes as me. I looked into them mystified. Under his white clothes you could see he was toned. That was when the voice spoke. It was like a whisper through the tree tops. It said just two words.

Find Them.

That was when I startled awake. The dream had taken me completely by surprise. What does this all mean? I had so many questions that I feel would never get answered.  Were these people special too? Am I not the only one? I was really confused. However, the one thing I was sure about was that I had fallen head over heels for a boy in my dreams.