Across Enemy Lines

Chapter 30

Dan and I materialised in the dull dark basement. I looked in front of me and saw Mark and Louise. Mark now had a gash in his forehead from the punch he took. I looked around. The whole place looked horrible and evil. The floor was damp and the walls were made of crumbling bricks. It was like a dungeon. There were no windows and just one single old wooden stair case that ran up from the basement. It was cold down here and I shivered slightly.

Mark and Louise looked at me in shock and distressed. They both held a guilt expression upon their faces. They both looked worn out and tired. Louise looked a mess. Her hair was messy and tangled and her make-up was messy. Her clothes were covered in dirt and torn in places. Mark’s clothes were also torn and covered in dirt and blood. Mark looked angrily at Dan. He showed nothing but total hatred towards him.

In no less than a second since we had materialised I felt myself get roughly shoved to the floor. I fell down feeling the pain in the side of my back. I gasp as I fell roughly on my knees and my wrists. Dan quickly pulled my hair which lifted my head back up so I was kneeling. I heard him chuckling as he shoved a needle into my neck. I felt my body go heavy as I slumped to the floor. This all happened in a couple of seconds. My head felt fuzzy and my vision went slightly blurry. They hadn’t given me chance to use my abilities on them. This was just getting better.

I looked up at Dan who was smiling evilly at me. My head felt clogged up now. Whatever they had injected me with had certainly done the job. I was all over the place. My hair was pulled again yanking back up and onto my knees. My head was yanked back so that I was now looking directly at Dan. He laughed at my expense as he pulled my hair further back. I didn’t show the pain I was in. I would never give him that expression.

                I noticed out of the corner of my eye Jack and Jess walk in.

                “Oh how the mighty have fallen,” Jess sneered.

                She walked up to me dressed in her leather tight trousers and black six inch stiletto heels. She wore a tight fitting vest top that showed off way too much cleavage and her black hair was puffed out to give it more volume. She wore dark eye shadow and eye liner making her look even more intimidating. She still looked like a slapper to me. She now stood straight in front of me. She then gave me a sharp slap to the face and a kick in the stomach catching me with her heel. I gasped out in pain as I sucked in sharp amounts of breath. She cackled evilly at that point.

“Don’t you DARE hurt her again,” Mark shouted from his chair.

I looked at him as Dan let go of my hair and pushed me to the floor. I was struggling to move. I seemed to be so heavy like every one of my limbs weighed a ton. I lay sprawled on the floor unable to pull myself up. I heard the loud crack and then the tumble of Mark’s chair as it sprawled onto the floor. This was horrible.

“Stop hurting them. I am here. You have me at your mercy. I am powerless. There is no way I can go against you now. You don’t need to hold them as bargaining chips. I will do what you need. I don’t exactly have a choice from the position I am in,” I spoke democratically.

There was silence for a bit before Dan spoke.

“I guess you are right. We have you now and I don’t particularly care for them anymore. I have you as my punch bag until we go with our plan. Oh I hope your stab wound isn’t hurting too much,” Dan teased.

He cut the rope off of Louise and Mark that tied them to their chair. He then rebound their wrists behind their back and held onto them. He smiled at me and gave me a wink before speaking once again.