Captured

Chapter 20

                My vision was black. My head was pounding. I tried to move but my body felt heavy. I felt totally scared. My heart was beating so fast. I could feel it pound against my chest. I tried to use my abilities but whatever they had drugged me with placed me in no state to use them.

                So many questions were running through my head. Who have us? What are they going to do with us? Where are we? But most of all, where was Alec? I was scared. What if they were doing something to him right now? We were totally helpless. Our bodies had been drugged to leave us totally vulnerable to whatever these people wanted to do with us.

                I tried to remember what happened. None of it made any sense. I remember turning around because of the thoughts I had heard but no one was there. Not in front, or behind us. Not on the road or in the trees. How could they have gotten close like that? That was when the realisation hit me.

                What if they sent one of the other kids out instead of Dan. Somebody else with an ability. The ability being that they could be invisible. This was a definite possibility. Like this, in this state I was defenceless. My body still felt heavy.

                Somehow I managed to open my eyes. My vision was blurry. Everything was unclear. I was lying on what looked like a hospital bed. I could feel straps across my body. One was across my chest, one across my stomach. Two individual ones around my wrist and then two individual ones around my ankles. I would try to struggle but I couldn’t move my still far too heavy body. The room was completely white. There was a fairly big window which was designed so I couldn’t see out of it.

                The room was fairly big. It had another similar bed opposite me but my heart dropped because Alec wasn’t in it. I still felt claustrophobic. I was panicking my breathing sped up and got faster. I couldn’t stop myself. I passed out again.

                When I finally managed to open my eyes, my vision was still far too blurry. There was one difference in the room. I could make out someone sat on the bed opposite me. I couldn’t make out his features. All I knew was that it was a boy and he was watching me intently. I got nervous. What was he going to do to me?

                “Where is Alec? I swear to God if you hurt him I will kill you. Let me go,” I managed to scream.

                “Everything is fine. We aren’t going to hurt you,” The boy replied calmly.

                “Oh really. That is why I am tied up here and have been hunted by you people,” I screamed.

                Some of the heaviness on my body was leaving me. I could move my hands and shake a bit. I had access to some of my energy. I sent the boy flying against the window. I held him there.

                “Let me go. Where is Alec?” I screamed.

                I didn’t realise there was a drip in my arm and I was reluctantly pulled into darkness again. When I finally woke, I could see perfectly clear. I was scared. What was happening? I watched as the door opened. It was the boy again but I recognised him this time. I gasped. He had the same piercing blue eyes as me.

                “It’s you. One of the brothers,” I gasped, as I looked at him in shock.

                “That was what I was trying to explain. You don’t need to apologise. We have been told about everything you have been through. We knew you were both wary which is why we drugged you. I didn’t want to frighten you and Alec is fine. He is talking to my younger brother,” he explained.

                Steadily, he walked towards me. He began unbuckling me. Slowly I could move my hands then my neck. I was finally free. He held out his hand and I took it. He pulled me into a sitting position.

                “Let’s go. You need some food. We are all going to sit down and talk,” He explained.

                I was dressed in clean clothes, a pair of skinny jeans, a tank top and I was in bare feet. I pulled myself to a standing position. I felt weak and I stumbled. All the drugs must have taken it out of me.

                “Woah. I got you,” he said, as he caught me before I fell.

                I placed my arm around his shoulder as he helped me walk out of the door. We stumbled down a few corridors before we appeared in this boardroom with a huge oval shaped table in it. There was a variety of food spread across the table in a buffet style. There was another boy who was clearly the younger brother and then there was Alec. He saw me and my state and rushed over to me.

                “Oh my god. Are you ok? I have got this,” Alec exclaimed. I leaned against him and he placed me at the seat next to him.

                The four of us in the dream now sat around the table. It was the four of us from the dream. We looked at each other in wonderment. We had finally found each other. None of us really knew what to say. You could feel the power of us circulate around the room. It was really overwhelming.

                “I guess we need to talk,” I spoke, breaking the silence.