The Boy of My Dreams

Chapter 12

                I quickly sat up. I was devastated. I didn’t even totally know why. I was so close to feeling his hand against mine, the warmth. Yet, here I was awoken. Harshly pulled away from my dream. I felt cheated. Beads of sweat were pouring down my face. The dream seemed to have taken everything out of me.

                I shook my head in the hope of clearing my mind. My head was aching. Every day I just seemed to get more questions than answers. I closed my eyes. I took deep breaths. I needed to compose myself. I couldn’t let it all get on top of me otherwise I would break down. For any other person all of this would have been too much but with everything that I have already been through I hoped I could cope with a little more.

                When I opened my eyes, I climbed out of bed and walked over to this old delicate little drawing book. I was a really good artist and could sketch pictures well. I flicked through the pages. It was full of pictures of the forest clearing and the forest in the dream. It had pictures of the two brothers and many pictures of him. I opened one which I had managed to draw perfectly. Every detail was there. I ran my fingers across the page longingly.  I checked the time. 8:15 am.

                “Crap,” I moaned.

                It was fifteen minutes before the start of school. I was easily a 30 minute walk away and the next bus doesn’t come until 9:00. Today was a Monday so both Mark and Louise had already left for work. Also, I couldn’t exactly go to school like this. I needed a shower. I needed to freshen up. There was not a Cat in Hells chance of me making it to school so I decided to miss first lesson. It was only maths. I would make it for English.

                I scrambled out of bed. I walked in to the bathroom connected to my room and ran the shower. I had a quick a shower before blow drying my hair as fast as I could. I grabbed the first thing out of my wardrobe. It was a flowing white blouse and some black leggings which I put on with my black flats. In the end I looked pretty good. I pulled my school bag from under my bed out and went up to my book shelf and flitted through the titles.

                “Where is it? Where is it?” I muttered to myself.

                I found it. Macbeth. The new book we were studying for English. I always preferred my own books to the vandalised books at school. I threw whatever else I needed into my bag. I opened my door and flitted down the stairs towards the front door. To the left was the kitchen, I saw an apple in the fruit bowl on the centre island. Using my power was so effortless. All I had to do was think about it. I didn’t need to use my body unless it was for a particular purpose. The apple landed in my outstretched hand.

                I opened the front door.

                “Keys,” I groaned, “Of course I would forget the keys,” I stepped back in side and I caught them in my hand, once again using my power.

                I closed the door and locked it before shoving the keys which were mine and were overloaded in key rings into the bottom of my bag. 15 minutes until the next bus would arrive and it was a ten minute walk and I would make it to school at 9:10, ten minutes before the second lesson. At least I hadn’t missed too much.