Girl Power

Chapter 22

                We have been in the centre for the past week. We have trained together harnessing the true potential of our powers and we have been studying the few pages of the Text which we had in our possession.

                The four of us soon became the best of friends. We couldn’t not really. We were all the same. We all had abilities and we had all had a really hard life and it had all led to us coming together. All of us had instantly clicked like we were long lost friends.

                We were all sat in Alec’s room having breakfast one morning. We all had a bowl of cereal in our hands and were either sat on Alec’s bed or on the floor. We were laughing and joking with each other.

                “When Alistair was younger he used to always fall out of bed in a morning. I mean every morning. He managed to get a black eye once,” Xander stated and we all began laughing.

                Alastair punched Xander in the arm and it made us laugh even more.

                “Do you know Alex here drew pictures of all of us in her drawing book?” Alec teased.

                My face went bright scarlet. The heat flooded into my cheeks and I put my head down. They all began laughing at my reaction.

                “Really? Were they any good?” Alastair asked.

                “They weren’t bad,” I replied sheepishly.

                It was nice. We got on so easily now. That was when Susan walked in. She was once again wearing formal clothes and had a serious face on.

                “Get into your training gear. You are learning hand to hand combat today and using your powers in a fighting situation,” Susan stated flatly.

                “Who are we fighting?” I asked.

                “Each other,” She replied.

                We looked at each other with excitement and worry. The same thoughts emanating from the other three minds were if we were to hurt one another.

                “Go to the training hall in 30 minutes,” Susan ordered, before leaving the door.

                We looked at each other.

                “What if we hurt each other?” Alastair spoke with worry etched in his face.

                “I don’t know. We will have to be careful,” Alec replied.