Revelation

Chapter 21

                I looked around at the two boys we had just met. They looked at one another obviously unsure what to say. I felt Alec squeeze my hand reassuringly. I took a deep breath. I realised I would be the one to tell my life story first.

                “Umm. So my name is Alexandria Burton. I am 17 years old. My birthday is on the 31st January. My parents died when I was younger, my dad killed my mum and because I couldn’t control my power I accidently killed my dad too. I was placed into care where I was bullied and hurt. For a few months I went on the run. I nearly died. Luckily enough I was taken in and adopted. For the next three years things were fine. As I entered A-levels another boy turned up at my school. He was called Dan. He had green eyes and an ability too but I soon learnt that he couldn’t be trusted,” I sighed, I took a deep breath and Alec reassuringly squeezed my hand, “I had the dreams as soon as I turned 16. Then Alec turned up at my school. I recognised him immediately. He lived in my house and we learned to understand each other.”

                I couldn’t go on anymore. It was all hard to talk about. My head dropped down.

                “Alex took me in. I had spent ages searching for her but I found her eventually. I was so happy that I had finally her. We went to the same school but Dan started causing problems. We had a Winter Ball but that was when things kicked off. Dan tried to persuade us to go with him but we didn’t. He tried to take us by force but he failed. That was when we went on the run. We had made it for months and had escaped them many times. There was one time when there was nearly a whole police force after us. I had to collapse the road to escape. Then you both know the rest,” Alec explained, “So something about me. My name is Alec Fletcher. I am 17 years old and my birthday is on the 31st January. My parents wanted a perfect son but with my abilities they saw me as a freak. They sent me to a boarding school for years and I never saw them again. I was bullied and a few accidents happened because of my abilities. Once the dreams started I found Alex and of course I have already explained what happened then.”

                I looked at the two boys. Both of their eyes were full of concern. They understood what we have been through. I guess none of us really had great lives but I guess that was the price we had to play and part of the reason that we have abilities.

                “My name is Xander Clark. I am 18 and my birthday is on the 31st January and this is my younger brother Alistair Clark who is 16 and shares the same birthday with me. We lived with our parents until 2 years ago. We lived in a house in the countryside. It was really remote. We got attacked by the others trying to get us. My parents were killed in the cross fire. Using our abilities we escaped. Eventually, these people found us and we have been here since waiting and trying to find both of you. These people have some pages of a Text that speaks about us and our role but it is torn and incomplete so we can only know some of what it tells us,” Xander explained.

                We looked at each other with a new sense of understanding. Everything seemed so planned about us. All our birthdays are on the same date and all of our names mean Defender of Mankind. This cannot be a coincidence. We had all struggled through our life. We had all been caused pain and essentially we were all orphans some lost to death and some that just abandoned us.