Why does life screw me over?

Because I reached 100 reads I decided to write and post another chapter straight away.

I loved writing this chapter.

Thanks for the reads.

Vote, Comment and Follow.

Enjoy

Chloe x

Chapter 17

                I gave a cautious look to Alec. I was confused. Why would Dan suddenly after spending weeks avoiding me suddenly feel the need to talk to me? Alec placed a protective arm around my waist. I could tell he was confused too. Dan just looked at us with his smirk still covering his face.

                “You don’t need to be worried,” Dan smirked, “Provided you make the right decision.”

                “Just spit it out. What do you want Dan?” I sighed back.

                “I am making a proposition for you both. Surely now you must realise there is a greater purpose to your abilities. I know there are two more like you and I bet you know it too. You see there is supposed to be this battle between these two groups but I find it all rather stupid,” Dan stated.

                Dan was giving me all my answers but I was confused. Why would he do this?

                “Why are you telling us this?” Alec asked, I could hear the suspicion in his voice.

                “Just listen. You are going to lose. I already know where the two of mine are. They are already together waiting to see what will happen here. We have the backing of some of the most powerful businessmen in the world. We have footholds in the police and as many resources as we need. So I am offering you the chance to join our side,” Dan explained.

                “Why would we join you?” I spat.

                “Well why wouldn’t you? You are both seen as freaks. These people treat you like rubbish. Both of you have suffered at the hands of those less than you. We are superior to these freaks. We could rule over them. You both, me and the rest of us. We would be unstoppable.” Dan exclaimed.

                “Yes we are freaks and yes they treated us bad but that doesn’t and would never give us the right to rule over them and treat them badly. Who do you think you are? You and your little group. It is disgusting. We would never join you,” Alec said disgusted.

                “I agree. You are mad to think such things. Just because we have these abilities doesn’t make us better people. It is our actions. Yes we have been mistreated but that would never give us the right to dominate. You are wrong so wrong,” I spoke.

                I couldn’t believe Dan was saying this. It was so wrong it was disgusting. Dan was unfazed. His smirk was still covering his face.