Attacks on all Fronts

Chapter 23

                Alec jumped quickly off of the floor and pulled me up with him. The few billows of smoke began to pour into the hall. I read thoughts. They were scattered all over the place. It was chaos. The one thing I could make out from the thoughts that a great proportion of the facility was on fire.

                Next thing you know, Alastair and Xander ran in.

                “We are under attack,” Alastair stated.

                “Well done stupid. You just won a gold star,” Xander replied, as he slapped his brother around the back of the head, “So what should we do?”

                “Right, we are under the attack by the other side. Alec, you need to stop the fires. A group is torn between stopping the fire and fighting back. Xander, clone yourself as many times as possible and make yourself a distraction. Alastair, Susan is pinned down at the moment. Sneak yourself in and get her out,” I ordered confidently.

                “What are you going to do?” Alec asked.

                “I am going to fight and draw out the three on the other side. If we can find out their abilities then we can be on the upper hand,” I stated, “We just need to minimalize casualties.”

                We all ran off in different directions. Alec headed towards the fires, Alastair quickly disappeared and headed off to get Susan and Xander and I ran off to the fighting. When we finally arrived, the sight before us shocked us. It was total chaos.

                Weapons were being shot through this hole in the wall which had been blown open. People poured through the gap firing their weapons. People tumbled to the ground on either side as shots hit their mark. I placed a barrier with my mind in between the divide. I let our entire shots pass through while their shots missed. I had only placed the barrier up in front of me and not behind me. More of the opponents began to crumble to the ground. That was when I heard it. The ripping of Dan materialising behind me.

                I turned round suddenly to see him standing there with a smirk on his face. Beside him was a girl with dark pitch black hair that was perfectly straight. She was beautiful. She wore dark eye shadow and thick black eye liner which brought out her emerald green eyes. She wore tight revealing clothing that consisted of black leather shorts and knee high black boots with a black revealing top.  She too stood there with a smirk across her face.

                “Hello again, beautiful,” Dan smirked, “Meet Jess.”

                “I thought her name was slapper by the looks of her,” I smirked.

                At that time, before I could send them flying Jess stepped forward and placed just one finger on my skin. I couldn’t move. I was paralysed. She paralysed me with her single touch. I couldn’t move an inch.