So Close, Yet So Far

Chapter 11

                It was now November. It had been a week since I had finally stood up to Dan. He wasn’t at school for that whole week. I was glad he finally got the picture. I tried to act like things were back to normal. I stuck to the seat by myself in the corner of the 6th form room with my headphones in blaring my music. I wore my baggy hoodies and jackets to hide my figure. Everything was just as it was. The same as before.

                Dan came back to school but he avoided me. There was no talking, no eye contact and he never stepped a foot near me. I chuckled to myself. I had finally scared him but it wasn’t him that scared me it was his thoughts.

                I can’t go near her. I didn’t know she was that powerful. Why didn’t they tell? Why didn’t they warn me that she was the joint most powerful of the four? They threw me in here to get her to be on our side and tell us what her ability was to assess the true sense of power of that girl and boy. So why did they play it down?

 I wondered who he was talking about. I began to realise that someone was after me and what about the four of us? Does that mean the four of us in the dream are real? So many questions were spinning through my head. How did these people know about us? But most of all, what is my purpose in all of this?

Since I read his mind I have been unable to sleep. My mind has been in overdrive. I feel like Sherlock. Slightly mad and in a world of my own. I had been handed a mystery that should be improbable. I have abilities. Check number 1 on the scale of improbable. I have met someone else who can dematerialise and reappear somewhere else like a teleport. Check number 2. I have been having weird dreams of three others that I feel are on the same side as me Check 3. Then there was this group who gave Dan all the information. Who were they and what did they want from me? Check 4. Yep I was definitely in the land of the crazy.

My parents were getting concerned with me. I heard them talking at night in the sitting room while I sat on the top of the stairs.

“Something isn’t right with Alex,” Louise sighed.

“I know,” Mark agreed.

“I hear her walking around the house late at night trying to tire herself out so she can sleep. She isn’t sleeping and she looks anxious all the time. I almost think she looks scared,” Louise moaned.

“What do we do? What can we do? We know it is because she is special. We both saw that dream the night before we found her in the park but do we really know what we are doing,” Mark answered.

I obviously already knew this from reading their minds but hearing them say it made me feel weird. I questioned whether they took me because they really cared and loved me on its own or whether it was because they were ordered to. It made feel sad. It made me feel like a burden but I guess that it isn’t really a new feeling for me.

It was now the middle of November. I had been having these dreams that had been exactly the same for the past 10 months. One night this changed. For some strange reason even though I didn’t feel tired as I was still far too worked up I seemed to be drawn into sleep. I felt like I had no control over it. I was drawn into sleep.

I found myself in the same familiar landscape. It felt like home. It was exactly the same as before. The trees towered high above and were covered with rich green leaves that were full of life. I was bare foot. I could feel the lush grass under my feet. Light seeped through the trees like individual rays of light. Flowers bloomed in all sorts of colours. You could hear the birds chirp their glorious song and the scuttle of squirrels and rabbits through the bushes. Then there was the whistle of the wind through the tree tops. It was beautiful. It was like heaven.

I was once again dressed in the white dress. It had two small straps that connected to the dress. Once again I felt it hug my figure and my waist before the dress flowed to the floor and the trail blew behind me in the breeze. I just loved the soft feel of it against my skin. My hair was in the soft curls that blew lightly in the breeze. I was myself. I never felt more myself than standing here in my dream.

In the distance were two boys. They were also dressed in white. I had come to the conclusion that they were brothers. One looked a little older than me with fair blonde hair and was muscular and perfect like me. The other was a year younger than me I thought, he had very light blonde hair and the same muscular figure. They both had the same bright blue eyes that seemed to glimmer with a hint of multi-colours. They were exactly the same as me.

That was when I noticed it. There was one difference. The other boy wasn’t there in the distance with them. My heart dropped. I loved coming here to see him. I had fallen for this boy. I don’t know what it was but when I saw him my heart skipped a beat. Falling asleep almost made everything worthwhile because I got to see him. My heart seemed to drop because he was nowhere in sight.

I don’t know what it was. I don’t know how to describe it but I had this instinct. This voice inside my head telling me to turn around. Never in my dreams not once could I move, all I could do was stand look and wonder at what this all meant. Slowly, I turned round. The dress flowed with ease and moved with my body as I turned around.

I gasped. I hadn’t expected it. He was stood there. He was directly in front of me. If we were to reach out our hands would touch. He was beautiful. I looked at him in awe. Every aspect of him was perfect. I was staggered.

He was dressed in a white shirt that was open at the neck. Through it you could see his perfectly defined 6 pack. He had the most perfect complexion. It had a slight tan, a slight glow. It was amazing. He had silky hair that was swept to the side in a messy style that suited his face so well. I felt the urge to reach out and touch it, to cradle his face in my hands. He was a couple of inches taller than me. I looked into his eyes. I knew what I would find but I looked any way. I felt as if I could see all the way into his soul.

 I knew this person had to be real. I couldn’t imagine my life without him. I needed him. Somehow, I knew it was our duty to find each other. I felt like it was the most important thing I have ever needed to do.

He began raising his hand. He held it out with his hand facing mine. It was a signal to place my hand against his. Slowly, I raised my hand. Our hands got closer and closer together. I wanted this. I yearned for this. Our hands nearly touched. I waited for the moment in which they would. It was so close.

I startled awake in my bed.

I can't believe I have over 50 reads now.

I am glad someone is reading my story.

Please tell me your thoughts I would love to hear them.

Vote, Comment, Follow

Chloe x