Escape

When Aliya found the ray of light in her darkness she pulled all her strength together and ran. She had no idea where she was going . No idea what she was going to do . All she did was run , without looking back ..
She fled through the busy streets pushing people who came in her way. She chose the crowded streets to make herself invisible.
After what looked like an hour between running and toppling on the floor a few times , she slowed down and looked back to see , if was still being followed. She had to slow down anyway or else next time she topples down there would be no getting up.
Steadying her breaths, she looked around. A drop of water on her dried throat would give her strength. Like an oasis in the Sahara she found a small shop with water bottles and cooldrinks at display. She did not waste anytime. She dragged her body towards the shop and ordered for water.
When the shopkeeper with drew a chilled bottle from the freezer, she removed the bundle from her pockets to pay him.
To Aliya's surprise it was a pile of thousand notes. Though Aliya couldn't count them at the moment she guessed them to be around hundred of them. Trying to figure out the reason Ahil gave her that much money or in other words left them in his pocket, she totally lost herself and turned towards the shop keeper to pay him. The shop keeper who also noticed the money pile was shocked and gave her a suspicious stare.
With out giving him a chance to speak she payed him and told him to return her the change faster.
While the shopkeeper went to get the change, her reflection in the glasses of the one of the showcases where they display the bottles dragged her attention.
She was dressed in shabby clothes like that of servants covered by a most expensive Armani suit of men and her face was smeared by makeup. Anyone can easily mistake her to a high profile escort who just stole her costumers money.
She decided to not bother about what people think and she reached the counter to grab her bottle to drink.
But before she turned, she noticed a image behind her in the glass mirror. The person wearing an expensive blazer dragged her attention and she turned back immediately to have a better look at them.
Her heart jumped at the sight of the figure infront of her. It was none other than Arush. He was walking into the store on the other side of the road holding his cell phone. He stopped at the store and showed them something in his phone asking questions. Of course it would be about her.
She immediately dropped the bottle from her hand and ran towards a parked delivery truck.

She hid herself behind the truck and peeped to look at Arush. Finishing his enquiry, he turned back and started crossing the road in her direction. She drew herself back swiftly and walked to the other side of the truck anticipating his path. He went to the shop where she bought the bottle, which was still standing there making her feel thirsty again .
Arush took out his phone and showed the shopkeeper and asked him
" hello sir, have you seen this girl passing by?"

The shopkeeper's face widened in surprise looking at the picture. He could not stop his excitement
" Yes . Yes .. I just saw her . She came to buy water just now. I knew there was something fishy, when I saw the bundle of money in her pocket. She stole from you.. Right?" He blurted out his piece of information happily.

"What money bundle ?" Arush narrowed his eyes

Aliya stood there listening to everything. She had to move . If she stood there any longer, she would soon be caught and dragged back to the hell like a dead animal. She turned around to sneak out of the place while Arush was still conversing with the shopkeeper.

Her hope of escaping evaporated like water on fire by the sight of Arush's driver and the maid on the other side stopping people and asking them questions about her. Even a little movement from the place she was hiding would make them spot her.

Holding her heart in her fists, she moved towards the back of the truck feeling trapped. She has no where to go than to wait there as her predators approach her from either side. She hugged herself and shut her eyes and as tears resumed their path , she leaned back sobbing . She slipped back loosing her support and she held the iron guard of the truck for support and looked back . The doors of the truck were open . She didn't know what was inside . She could only see that it was all dark and the light from the door ajar was falling inside and instantly she pushed the door a little and noticing that it was empty she climbed  up the truck and closed the door behind her .
She moved inside and her hands flying in front hit a strong hard object . She palpated it and realised it as a big plastic carton . She moved across the carton and reached the corner and sat there behind the huge carton hugging her knees .

She knew it's now over. She wasn't safe yet. They were just out side and someone would have seen her climbing in the truck and would get her caught. She had no other moves than to stay there behind the truck and succumb to the fate. She bent her head down and rested on her knees listening to her strongly beating heart and wondered how strong it could be to sustain all the blows of life. Suddenly the doors of the truck swung open making a loud noise illuminating the interior .