Barking up the wrong tree

When it was time Ahil had reluctantly waken up sleeping Aliya.

Noticing herself cozying up in his arms and she instantly pushed him away coming back to her senses.

Rolling his eyes at her reaction he told her it was time for them to leave.

He led her to a narrow lane which lead to houses made of brick walls built side by side with hardly any space between.

At the end of the lane was a house with metal doors. As they reached near the house she found two guards sleeping on their chairs. With out hesitating Ahil moved closer to one of them and poked in his face. There was no response.

A gratifying smile spread on Ahil's face.

Narrowing her eyes at him, Aliya poke tested the other guy. No response. Confused, She turned to Ahil who was entering the house like he belonged there. She followed him.

Much to her dismay she found every one in the house lying on the floor like dead. As they entered further they reached a room filled with fifty children of different ages sleeping like angels.

All these children were living in one room. They beg during the day and come here for the night. They were hardly any space to walk. All of them were either orphans or abducted. No one had any clue what future held for them. In sleep they were peaceful.

Aliya looked at every girl child carefully to find jiya. She had to turn some kids who were sleeping with their faces covered. Every child she turned registering in her heart. They were all like jiya. Some distraught parents kids.

She asked herself ' what about them?' They too deserve to be home with parents and at school studying. Not on road begging. Her heart sank looking at the innocent kids.

Finally she found her jiya. When she pulled her up she noticed jiya's fingers entangled into another girls. She was the same girl she saw with jiya at the rest station. They must be best friends. They will definitely miss each other. She peeled the tracker of Jiya's dress and stuck it on the girl next to her. Taking jiya into her arms, she turned to ahil and nodded silently.

Four hours down the road with sleeping jiya in the back seat, ahil and Aliya maintained absolute silence. Both of theirs minds wondered around the unlucky children they left behind. Off course they could not help them too. Yet they were quite disturbed by the sight of children being held hostage.

Aliya had so many questions about what she saw. But she stopped herself as she realised they both needed some quite time.

"Who are you?"

The sudden voice of the jiya startled both of them out of their thoughts.

"Where are you taking me?"

Aliya turned back with a smile on her face not to scare jiya.

"You are the woman that gave me 500 bucks."
Jiya recognized Aliya but still looked scared.

Ahil stopped the car and Aliya got down immediately and went to back seat.

"Don't worry honey. We are taking you home. To your parents. " Aliya said stroking the girl's hair in an attempt to calm her.

" My parents ?" Jiya looked confused. "

" My parents are dead. "

That single statement was enough for Ahil to aim his glare like hundred daggers at Aliya.

" ALIYA... ARE YOU SURE, SHE IS THE ONE ?" Ahil stressed each word scarily loud.

Gulping down the dryness in her throat Aliya looked at Jiya confused.