Chapter 2

~Kellin~

Lunch came along and I went to the chorus room like normal. The teacher there actually likes me and helps me out at school. I've talked to him about that day. He helped me calm down and actually listened. He checks up on me every once in a while and he doesn't let people pick on me or beat me up. He's the only one in the school who actually has a "safe-zone" class.

"Room 302
Mr. Bleeken
Chorus" read the sign.

I walked into the room but stopped immediately when I saw a woman sitting at the piano. Oh no. We must have a sub. That's the one class i like! Really? Why? Ugh. Oh well. Library it is.

I walked up the stairs to the library doors. I walked in, signed the sheet, and sighed as I sat at one of the tables. I put my ear buds into my ears for the second time today. Music filled my head and I slightly relaxed. Music was always a "coping skill" for me. It helps me get out of my head, but also let's me think if I need to. I usually try not to though.

I pulled out a sketch pad and began drawing. I wasn't quite sure what I was drawing until I looked down and saw eyes and long hair. I have several drawings of people who, to my knowledge do not exist. It's become a habit to draw faces when I'm bored. I continued to work on the picture until all that was left was the shoulders and 2 minutes of the hour long lunch.

Since my next class was all the way across the school and down stairs, i started to pack up my stuff. After signing out and walking down stairs i saw a guy with an All Time Low shirt on. I didn't know who he was and I didn't plan on finding out. I usually don't look at people's faces because they don't really matter. I only have a semester left of highschool anyways, then these people will be gone and out of my life for good.

"Hey, i like your shirt." I heard. Did that come from me? I looked up and saw him looking at me. I looked down to see my Metallica shirt.

"Um... thank you... um... you too. I like All Time Low." I said trying not to stutter. I blushed and walked away as fast as I could. Okay, that's enough human interaction for the day.

"Look Kellin. You replied to them and didn't have a panic attack. You're doing better. Good job." I silently encouraged myself.

"Mr. Quinn. Phone please." I heard and looked up to see one of the science teachers standing over me with her hand stretched out, palm up. Shit! I forgot to put my phone up! "Come on, if you give it here without me telling you again I will give it back before the end of the day."

"Okay. Sorry ma'am." I said turning my phone off and unplugging my ear buds before handing the phone to her. She took it as the bell rang for lunch to be over. Oh no, I'm in the main hall. I need to hurry before everyone is out in the halls. I started walking really fast to my next class and made it to the double, supposedly soundproof doors of the chorus room. I grabbed the handle but as soon as I grabbed it I was pushed to the floor and i hit my head on the wall.

"Asshole." I mumbled before starting to pick myself up.

"Kick him when he's down!" The guy said. He did exactly that, and then walked away.

"Shit. Are you okay?" I heard a slightly familiar voice say. I looked up to see the guy in the ATL shirt leaning over me.

"Um. Yeah. Fine, thanks." I said and pushed myself up off the floor. Trying to push myself to be more social i decided to ask him a question but he beat me to it.

"So Mr. Metallica, what's your name?" He said. I laughed slightly and he smiled after.

"Uh, my name is Kellin. Yours?" I asked.