Chapter 20

~Vic~

Kellin: I'm here

Vic: Okay. Be safe please and, don't worry about responding to it but, I love you.

Kellin: :)

I set my phone down and pulled my knees to my chest. He left to go to work and he isnt coming back for six hours.

"He's going to come back." Mike told me quietly. He was sitting beside me, rubbing my back. I started freaking out shortly after Kellin left and he was already waiting outside my bedroom door for me because he knew I would have a hard time. "Come on." He grabbed my arm and made me stand up with him.

"Where are we going?"

"Grab your guitar and come on." I nodded and wiped my eyes before walking to the closet to grab my guitar. We went downstairs and he sat on the couch in the livingroom. He looked at me for a while and then handed me a notepad and walked into the kitchen. I stared blankly at the empty paper and guitar on my lap. They felt foreign to me. I didn't want to write. I wanted to run to Kellin and being him back to the house and never let him go again. "Remember what dad told us?" I nodded.

"Emotion into creation." We both stated firmly. I sighed and grabbed a pencil off the table beside me and looked back at Mike. I knew it was the right thing to do but I still waited for him to nod before I did anything. He walked outside and sat by the pool on a lawn chair. I blinked a few times before wiping my eyes again and setting my guitar correctly in my lap. I eventually laid it on the floor by my feet though, and started writing my thoughts down.

I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket and quickly grabbed it. Kellin face illuminated the screen and I smiled before answering it.

"Hi."

"Well hello." He laughed. "I'm on my way home."

"Wait, really?" I pulled my phone away from my ear and checked the time. It was 8:53, he left the house at 3. "Oh okay."

"I'll be there in a minute." I said an 'okay' and then he hung up. Papers were scattered on the carpet and I was now sitting on the floor. Standing up, I stretched my legs and gathered my things before going to my room to put it away. I walked back down the stairs and looked through the glass door at Mike. He had fallen asleep and was laying across the chair on his stomach. I walked towards him and patted his back to wake him up. He grunted and rolled over.

"Hello, you okay?" He asked while sitting up to look around.

"Yeah. He's almost home."

"Write anything good?" I shrugged. Although I was fairly comfortable when I was writing, I didn't think I was very good. I shrugged again and I heard the door open. Kellin appeared on the otherside of the glass door. He opened it and I stepped inside beside him.

"I'm home."

"I noticed." I laughed. He walked up to me and snaked his arms around my back. I looked at him for a minute and he looked down at my lips.

"Just fucking kiss him!" Mike laughed. I nodded and leant down, closing the gap. After a few seconds I pulled away and smiled. "Thank you." My younger brother sighed before walking inside.

"Can I kiss you for real now?" Kellin asked after Mike walked into the house.

"Please do." We smiled and nodded again. This time it was longer and meant more than the kiss before. He slipped his hand up my shirt and moved it up to my chest. He pulled away from me and looked through the glass door.

"Yeah sure." Kellin said and went to walk away and I lightly grasped his arm in confusion.

"What?"

"Mike asked to talk to me." He laughed. I didn't hear him say anything, I was too focused on Kellin and and his hand, his lips, his warmth. "Ill be back in a minute." He said before pecking my me on the lips. I held him there with my hand for a moment before letting go and watching him walk inside to Mike.