Chapter 16

~Vic~

I woke up to Kellin hitting me and yelling even though he was still asleep. "Oh shit!" I sat up and pulled him into my lap. "Hey, wake up. It's just a nightmare." He whimpered and clung to me. His eyes opened seconds later and he scrambled to the edge of the bed. "What's wrong? It was just a dream."

"Oh my god. Okay, yeah, just a dream." He said before crawling back over to me and sitting in my lap in a ball. I laid back down with him on me and his breathing eventually slowed down. After awhile he was back asleep and I was drifting in and out of consciousness.

I woke up again to my alarm and I reached over to turn it off. I turned over to wake up Kellin but quickly realized he wasn't there and panicked. I ran out of the room to look for him but heard music drifting up the stairs from the kitchen. I relaxed and walked down to the source of the sound. I stood at the edge of the staircase and smiled as I heard him singing along to the song playing from his phone. I walked up behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist. He jumped and started panicking. "It's just me. You're okay." I put my face in his neck and he laughed and then turned to face me.

"I made food." I picked my head up and looked up at him. He moved from me and I saw an omelette on a plate and another making on the stove. He turned back around and took the second and moved it to a plate too.

"Thank you." I said, taking a plate from the counter.

"Does Mike like omelettes?"

"Um... I think." I guessed.

"Well I made him one too." He said and put a fork on both of the plates.

"I heard my name." Mike said while running down the stairs.

"Kellin made you an omelette."

"Yay!" He hurried over to the kitchen and Kellin handed him a plate. "Thank you!"

"You're welcome." Kellin smiled.

"Yes, he likes them." I said laughing. Mike sat on the couch and started eating. Kellin cleaned off the counters and started to put the food away.

"What about you?"

"I'm not hungry." He shrugged.

"Bullshit. Your stomach was growling all last night." I stated sadly.

"My anxiety is bad. Eating isn't a good idea."

"Why didn't you say that then? What are you anxious about?" He sighed and set the plate on the counter.

"Because you would ask that."

"And what's wrong with that?" He tilted his head to the side slightly.

"Because I don't know what I'm anxious about." He looked sad so I walked over to him. He clung to me and we stayed in the same place for a while.

"We need to go get ready." I said quietly. He took a deep breath and his body shook. "Are you crying?"

"No." He sniffed.

"I don't believe you."

"You shouldn't." His body shook again and he pulled himself closer to me.

"Why are you crying?"

"I don't know."

"Okay." I rubbed his back and his body relaxed slightly so I pulled him over to the counter and ate part of my food. "You sure you don't want any? I'll make it."

"I'm sure." He mumbled into my shirt.

"Its good." I said, drawing out the o's. He laughed slightly but shook his head. "Please eat something."