Chapter 21

~Kellin~

"He cares about you." Mike said, his eyes wide. We were sitting on the couch in the living room. He waited until Vic started the water for his shower to talk, claiming he didn't want him to hear. I'll admit that the sentence made me a little weary but Vic didn't seem too worried about it so I trusted that it was an innocent request.

"I know." I smiled and played with my hands.

"No Kellin, he really cares. You need to care too. He is really into this and he's going to get hurt. Dear god, please don't hurt him."

"I care about him too."

"Kellin, he's in love with you!" He stated seriously.

"I-I don't know what to say to that..." I stumbled over my words and played with my hands.

"Do you even love him?"

"Yes, but you cant tell him."

"Kellin, you have t-"

"No. No I don't. I cant. I'm not ready for that." I said anxiously. I tucked my legs up to my chest.

"Then I'll tell him and it'll be fine. Why are you so worried about it?"

"He'll take advantage of it." I whispered my reply and put my head down, hiding my face.

"No he won't. He's in love with you!"

"Stop saying that!" The water upstairs turned off and we both looked to the stairway before resuming what we were saying.

"Then tell him."

"I cant, okay? I just cant." I shook my head repeatedly as I spoke.

"He cares about you so much... I promise you. Just tell him." His voice was harsh in how he spoke and it made me cower away slightly.

"I can't!" I screamed back with venom in the two words. "This is my choice. I decide when I'm ready. Not you, me. Do not try to get me to do something that I don't want to do!"

"What's wrong? Mike, what happened?!" I heard from the stairs. Vic was walking towards me in just a towel, his hair was still wet and water was running down his body. I swallowed as Mike mumbled a response to him and I tried not to stare, but I couldn't help it.

"Damn." I said under my breath. Mike scoffed and left the room shaking his head at me. He was clearly annoyed with me but I couldn't care less. I mean, my not-exactly-boyfriend was standing less than five feet away from me, half naked with a towel hanging loosely off of his hips. I bit my lip and put my head back down then moved my knees father apart to relieve some of the pressure in my pants.

"Are you okay?" He said in a lower voice than usual. He seemed really concerned but I couldn't possibly be serious right now.

"Yeah..." I answered quietly as I bit my lip harder.

"But you were yelling at Mike." His head cocked to the side slightly as his brows furrowed.

"I'm fine." I stood up and looked at him before walking to his room. I wasn't planning on doing anything... that I would regret anyways. He followed me as I planned and when I got to his room, I turned around to look at him. I forgot all about my discussion with Mike but Vic hadn't so he still looked at me in confusion.

"Well I gotta change so I'll be back." He said while walking to the bathroom. I frowned slightly.

"Or you could just change in here." I chewed my lip more and walked closer to him. He glanced down at my lips with a look of contemplation on his face. It seemed like he was trying to make up his mind about something.