Chapter 9

~Kellin~

I weighed my options, he was right, I didn't know. I did however want to.

"Then show me." I whispered to him. His expression changed completely. His eyes darkened as he looked at me. The way he was looking at me made me scared and i wanted to back away, but I didn't. He won't hurt me, I just need to trust him.

His lips brushed against mine. It seemed as though the moment his touched mine they left again. He took a few steps back and clenched his fists.

"I can't." He said in a low voice.

"Why not?" I asked curiously. He seemed like he wanted to. He was, almost literally, holding himself back.

"Because you already have enough chaos to deal with today and I-"

"Just do it." He stepped back towards me and connected our lips. The energy from earlier came back to me and my whole body started tingling. I started kissing him back and I felt the muscles under my hands loosen.

When he broke the kiss my head fell and rested against him. I couldn't stop smiling and my hands were fidgeting behind his back. Reality slowly started to seep back into my mind and anxiety from before replaced the giddy feeling I was experiencing. I still felt paralyzed though. I didn't want to move, or talk, or think. I just wanted to stand here.

"You okay?" Vic asked me. His body rumbled and his hands were resting on my hips. I nodded my head to answer his question because i couldn't seem to form words.

"You sure?" I again just nodded and his body shook with laughter.

"Can you talk?" I turned my head side to side and lightly giggled. "Okay" He said simply. His thumbs were in the waistband of my pajama pants and goosebumps were forming where he touched.

We stood for a couple more minutes until I picked my head up to look at him, my smile still evident. He grinned at me and looked a lot happier than usual. After finding the energy to do so, I started talking.

"Hey Vic?"

"Yes Kellin?"

"Please never hesitate to do that again."

"Okay." He slowly let me go and turned to his dresser. I realized that I didn't have any clean clothes, and my dad would kill me if I came home in Vic's.

"What are you thinking about?" Vic said, interrupting my thoughts. I shook my head to rid it of the problems I remembered.

"You win." I stated firmly. He looked at me in confusion. "I'll go to school today, if you let me wear one of your jackets."

Vic nodded and grabbed a black hoodie from the top of his dresser. He handed it to me and I quickly switched the shirt I was wearing for it. When it was situated on my body, he handed me a pair of black jeans and i went into the bathroom to change them. I trust him, but I'm not willing to let him see me in boxers and a hoodie. I'm a bit too shy for that.

When we got to the school, we got out of Mike's car and he ran to his homeroom. Me and Vic took our time to grab our bags and we met at the end of the car.

"Ew. I dont like school." I said looking at him.

"Neither do i," He was leaning on the trunk. "But at least you're not at your father's house."

"True."

"We need to go inside now." He stood up straight and walked to me before lacing his fingers with mine. I looked down at them before bringing them up to eye level. "Sorry. It just happened." He said quietly. He started to drop his hand and let go of mine but i tightened my grip slightly.