Chapter 7

~Kellin~

"What do you mean?" His whole body tensed up and I looked up to him. He looked worried.

"I don't know yet." I said honestly. I'm not sure what I meant, I'm not even sure I meant to say it.

"You don't know?  Wait, do you mean you don't want to be friends at all or..." He trailed off. A wave of realization washed over his face.

"Please don't laugh at me." I said and hid my face again.

"Why would I laugh at you? This might be weird, but I like you so don't worry." He said lowly. I started giggling lightly.

"Mike is going to be pissed at us." Vic's eyes got wide. He pulled me through the house to the car, simultaneously mumbling strings of cuss words.

When we got to the school, Mike was standing in front of the building. I climbed into the back seat and he sat in the front. He looked over at Vic before speaking.

"Fuck muffin" He said under his breath. I chuckled quietly. When we got to the house, Mike ran up the stairs to his room.

"He has weird insults." I said while laughing.

"Uh... yeah, you could say that" He paused for a moment then added, "I'm going to go lay down. Come with me?"

"I don't want to have a nightmare again." I said quietly to my feet. His face dropped.

"I'll be there to help if you do." He said slowly. I nodded and followed him up the stairs. He went to the closet in his room and grabbed another blanket from the shelves.

"What is that for?" It wasn't cold and even if it was, the body heat from both of us would be enough to not need blankets.

"Um... i was going to put it between us." He said before walking across the room to his dresser. I looked confused, so he explained. "I figured you wouldn't want to be against me. I, uh, I usually sleep in boxers." He said and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Is that why you haven't slept? You were uncomfortable?" He thought for a moment and then nodded.

"Well, that was part of it." He laughed fakely.

"Wait. Then what was the other reason."

"Thinking mostly. But, uh, the rest of the time I was just trying to make sure you were okay." He said while grabbing a pair of pajama pants. He offered them to me so I got up, went to the bathroom, and changed.

When I came back, he was laying down, covered by a sheet. The blanket from earlier was dividing the bed into two halves. I went and layed between it and the wall after putting the clothes I was wearing into a basket by the bathroom door.

I settled under the sheet and closed my eyes. I could feel the heat from Vic on my legs. When i rolled over, I noticed that he was looking at me. I looked back at him then closed my eyes again. For the next couple of minutes, I kept getting closer to the blanket. I huffed angrily and threw the divider onto the floor.

"Fuck that blanket. It's pissing me off." I said when it hit the ground. I rolled onto my side facing Vic. He pulled the sheet higher onto his chest and looked at me with concern.

"I don't care. If you want to put it back you can, but your lack of clothes won't bother me. It's basically like you're wearing a... shorter... swimsuit." I said calmly. He started laughing.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Just the way you said that," He said and was still lightly laughing. I turned onto my back and closed my eyes. The heat from his body now reached mine and warmed my skin. I sighed and turned my head to face him. He was still looking at me. He now seemed like he was making a decision. He grunted, sounding annoyed, and then flipped over on his back. Although I was confused, I ignored his actions. If he wanted me to know, he would tell me. I let my eyes close again but after a few seconds I had to open them again because I could tell he was looking at me. He furrowed his eyebrows and bit his bottom lip.

"I want to hold you." He said softly.  I smiled and moved closer to him. His arms snaked around my body and my head rested on his chest. My eyes shut and Vic sighed. "Better." He said happily. I giggled and curled my legs up. My knees were next to his hip and his hand was on my back. I giggled once more and then nuzzled my head against his chest.