Chapter 5: Catering Smiles & Deja Vu

The one with blue hair spoke, "sorry, about yesterday," he apologized.

"No, it's my fault I didn't mean to go up there," I stood up and bowed slightly.

"We apologize and just want you to know that we were too harsh," now the pink hair spoke again, "by the way, my name is Namjoon, but everyone calls me RM," he says and extends his hand out.

I take his hand, "my name is Chorong and this is my cousin Eunji," I motioned towards Eunji who stood up immediately to greet them as well.

The dark navy hair introduced himself as Suga, who also apologized and the raven-haired boy introduced himself as Jungkook, Jimin's younger brother. RM asked us questions if we were adjusting to the school well and if we were joining any clubs.

Jungkook then made a shy comment, "You ladies are really beautiful." However, his eyes remained on me, instead of Eunji. I shifted shyly in my stance, I can't take compliments well. Jungkook was then met with a slap on the head by Suga. The young boy quickly apologized and smiled brightly before getting dragged away by his Hyung. Eunji and I laughed softly at the sudden scene before us. RM stood awkwardly and smiled at us before saying goodbye.

They soon left and we were on our way to the next class.

*

Omniscient POV

The week carried on and the two girls are still undecided about their chosen school clubs. It is already Friday night, and both Chorong and Eunji finish the day off successfully with productive notes. The night breeze is cold, fresh, and somewhat comforting. Both girls were making their way into the city once again, on the quest to look for a part-time job.

The metropolitan city encompasses many infrastructure and contemporary buildings; skyscrapers stretched across the sky, bright dazzling lights twinkled everywhere, and working-class individuals start beeping their horns at the 6 pm rush hour. The new environment and air were welcoming and different compared to the cluster and serene atmosphere in their previous suburb. Huge malls and attractive parks reflected the small café businesses that lined across the side of the road.

The two girls walked through several café's and retail stores handing in their resumes, however, were rejected numerous times. Two hours have passed, leaving the girls still unsuccessful in their job search. They decided to 'divide and conquer', split up, and find jobs separately to cover more ground in hopes of getting a job.

It is currently 8:15 pm and Chorong has just entered into a seven eleven, scanning her eyes over the windows in search for a vacant employment spot. Behind the counter of the seven eleven stood a familiar girl from school. Chorong studies her face and recalls, 'oh she sits near me in homeroom class.'

The girl wore a green t-shirt with white stripes that had the seven eleven logo imprinted. Chorong smiles as she casually makes her approach towards the familiar girl.

"Hello," Chorong greets cheerfully, catching the girl by surprise as she looks up.

"Oh hello, can I help you with anything?" She asks me.

"Well, I was in town looking for a job with my cousin. Do you know any places that are hiring?" Chorong asks her, desperation, and hope present in her eyes.

But to Chorong's disappointment, she just shakes her head and continues her job. Chorong thanks her before heading out. Suddenly, Chorong's phone buzzes in her pocket, she picks up the call after seeing that it's Eunji's caller ID, "Hello?"

"Chorong guess what? I found a job in catering for private guests. They needed extra hands this weekend and I sighed us both up! " she screams into the phone, making me almost drop my phone. Chorong smiles happily, satisfaction sinks in her heart.