Chapter 19: My Turn

Chapter 19: My Turn

No more.

This was the end of my hiding. No more of me running away from people, no more ruining lives, and no more running from Jimin. This time I was going to chase after him with everything I've got and shove the truth down his throat. I was going to get real with Minhyuk and sort things out with Eunji.

She needs to understand what happened. It's not her fault. It's all mine. I ruined her chances with Minhyuk and now she might never trust anyone ever again. I need to fix things with my best friend, cousin, and sister. I should've known Minhyuk was flirting with me and I should've shut it down completely.

As for Minhyuk, he needs to understand that I don't like him, and the person he thought he liked was not me at all. It's Eunji. I need to confess to him the painful truth and show him the real person that he loves. I need to get him together with Eunji so they can sort their issues out. He made mistakes and left Eunji clueless and humiliated, they need to make up.

And last but not least, prove to Jimin that the whole photograph was just a mistake and I need to make him understand. Understand that I care for him and that I am and was never afraid of him and that I would go against the ancestors to be with him. I can't just let our relationship end childishly like this. Despite all the playboy and dirty scenes he's pulled in front of me, I know deep down it's not really him. He's the same boy I fell for when I watched him help that disabled boy score a goal. He's kind and charming, and he's still mine.

I ran. Ran like hell. I needed to find Eunji. I need to make sure she doesn't do anything stupid without me. I run down the school hallway. But she's nowhere to be seen.

"Eunji?!" I yell out.

I was distressed and could feel tears well up in my eyes. I could feel strong sharp pains in my chest and I started to choke. My breathing quickened and I dropped to my knees. "Eunji," I gasped out. "Eeeeuuuu...," Something must've happened to her. Only did I realize how my whole body was sore from today, however the mental frustration I was experiencing ached more and I yelped in pain, "Arghhhh!"

This pain was similar to the one that occurred to me years ago when Eunji had the accident and I suddenly fainted in class that day. It was only a coincidence. But I have always felt connected to Eunji. Like she was really my sister, my older sister.

I needed to find her and make sure she's okay. I get to my knees and continue running down the hallway and out the school doors into the courtyard, and finally out the back gate. She would get away but where.

My phone then started buzzing. The atmosphere around me sends nervous shivers over my whole body, telling me that something was wrong. I pulled my phone out of my bag.

*MINHYUK CALLING*

I pressed the answer button on the phone. "Minhyuk it's me, Chorong, meet me now on the road leading from the back school gate," I was panicking and running at the same time.

"Why what's wrong? Tell me Chorong I can help you," he was sounding so kind but that kindness was all blind. Blinded by love that shouldn't be for me but someone else.

"No, you can't okay, Minhyuk it is not me that needs you okay?"

"What do you mean Chorong?" he was just as confused as I am.

"I mean, I am not the one you like, Eunji is," I said truthfully.

"Look Chorong, I wasn't planning on confessing now but, I connect with you so much. You left your poem journal in the library that day and I'm sorry I read through it-"