Chapter 16: C & C'S

Chapter 16: Carnivals and Competitions

You couldn't miss it. There was no way you could've missed it. Even if you did miss it, you were more of a blind person than the three blind mice.

It was plastered across the walls of the hallways, upfront in the school gate with banners and posters. There was non-stop chatter about it amongst the students and even the teachers couldn't keep it to themselves.

You can feel the excitement, exhilaration, and eagerness in the atmosphere. You can feel the thrill of the event, the determination of the participants, the love of the fans. It was amazingly taunting and anticipating.

It was that time of the year. That time where students and schools got together to cheer on their very best athletes. It was the time for other schools to compete against each other here in Seoul to see who is the best.

It was the Seoul Sport's Carnival. There was a total of seven sports to be watched and participated in and this included; basketball, tennis, sprints and relay, and baseball but the most sought after were swimming and soccer.

Everyone knew why. These two teams swimming team and the soccer team were the most important and competitive in the school. People can recognize talent when they see it and trust me when I say that both teams were known to have talents out of this world.

"Chorong!" someone called my name from across the hallway, I turned my head to see who the source of voice came from and my eyes landed straight on the group of boys making their way up the school hallway. I was frozen in my position, I don't know why I couldn't move. Was it because the person at the very front had his eyes locked on me or is it because the entire hallway was clearing up just for them.

"Chorong come here now," now I recognized the voice, it was Eunji and she was behind the gang walking up. Jimin couldn't remove his eyes from me and for like ten seconds I thought he was going to walk up to me.

But my hope sunk when he drifted straight past me, completely ignoring me like he never knew me. I turned around to see an unfamiliar face(female) wrap herself around Jimin, clinging onto his arm and they both kept walking, arms around each other. I felt sick as I watched them. He was whispering things into her ear as they walked and she threw her head back laughing at his comment.

I couldn't move from that spot, Eunji had to personally pull my jacket and walk me to our gym class. When we arrived, we both dressed in our PE gear, marron shorts, and a white sports shirt. They were the school's sporting team colours. We dressed and gathered on the track field with everyone else.

"Alright everyone, listen up," our PE teacher called out to everyone. He was an old man in his fifties I'm guessing but he looked fairly fit for his age making him look thirty. "Since we have some major carnivals coming up, we have decided that the class will split up into two teams," he then called out two volunteers for captains.

When I noticed who the captains were I wanted to leave the room. Since when was Jimin and Minhyuk in my PE class. I wanted to cry. They started picking out people, obviously, it started with the fitter people than to people like Eunji and me. I went to Minhyuk's team, thank the Lord and Eunji went to Jimin's team, that little traitor. I don't blame her, hehe, I was on her lover's team, she must hate my guts haha. 

"Today is a round of dodgeball, first your teams have ten minutes of warming up then we'll begin," we dispersed, and our team took one end of the track field whilst the other team took the other end.

"Alright listen up, we'll have ten laps to the halfway mark and back, do jogs first then do another ten laps with sprinting," Minhyuk announced with a smirk on his face. My jaw dropped, I wished I was on the other team. I glanced across to the other team to see them doing stretches. Ugh, why don't we do stretches?

I jogged over to the baseline and lined up with everyone else. I was at the very end, the last person so hopefully no one saw me slack back. I hated doing this stupid jogs and laps. I used to love running when I was younger. I even got a medal for cross country.

Well, I guess times have changed. I was now on my second lap when someone joined me at my side. I kept running but took a look at the person.

"Can I...help...you....Minhyuk?" I said in between breaths, still running. 

"Are you enjoying your warm-up?" he asked not taking his eyes off me.

I conjured the best fake smile in the world and tried not to look puffed out. "Yes, I absolutely love running," I answered him in the nicest way possible, afraid he might make me do ten more than the others.

"That's good, then you won't mind catching up with me," he says the last word and sprints off ahead of me. I sigh, "Omo, I really hate running," I say and gather my strength before going after him.

I actually managed to keep up with him for the rest of the laps, we finished earlier than anyone and he offered for us both to get a drink and I accepted. I was actually pretty surprised that I still had that running hobby with me after all these years.

"Congrats on keeping up with the school's top track student," he says before chucking me a water bottle. I open my eyes. Is he really the fastest runner at this school? No, he was probably making that up. I looked at him with disbelief. 

"What you don't believe me?" Minhyuk catches me staring at him. I nod and take a big gulp of water before placing it back down on the bench.

He walks up to me and gets really close that I had to step back but bumped into the water cooler table. He leans in, "Yah what do you think you're doing?" I tell him but he just smiles.

"If you don't believe I am the fastest runner then I have to find some other way to convince you," he then pulls back and steps away from me. I look away towards Jimin's team. Mainly Jimin and watched him help a student up.

"I do though suck at dodgeball," I turned back to Minhyuk talking, "so I think Jimin has the upper hand right now," he says before walking back onto the field.

With that said, I got confused. Was he talking about the game because it sounded more like Jimin had the upper hand of my affection? Minhyuk seemed a bit too flirty and obvious. Almost as if he was jealous of Jimin and me. Did he like me? What about Eunji?

[End of Chapter Sixteen]