Chapter 12: Lights, Camera, Kiss!

Eunji's POV

The car stopped and I tensed up in my seat. We must have arrived. I peeked out the window to see a magnificent building. 'We must be in Gangnam' I thought. The building had lights flashing above from the roof.

There were expensive cars lined up around the building and everyone was dressed in expensive couture and formal from head to toe. Minhyuk got out and I soon followed behind him. We walked from the car into the building and headed into the elevator and made our way up.

Minhyuk looked at me, "there's nothing to worry about, just do as I say and act like you're in love with me," I nodded my head and smiled innocently but deep inside I was crying. Nooooooo I don't want to do this. I never agreed to be his fake girlfriend. Cries. Cries. Cries inside.

The elevator dinged and the door instantly open. Minhyuk interlocked our arms and walked out with me. I was surprised at the sudden action and held my breath for a second. His arm felt warm and he smelled so... rich-boy-nice. Ten points for how he looks tonight, white tux, my favourite, only now did I realize we matched. A match made in heaven, I thought.

We walked onto the red carpet paved in front of us. We smiled and waved at the numerous cameras. I tried my best to smile but I was blinded at first because of the strong lights. This was how life was as a rich person. Going to functions like this, spending money on an innocent girl to accompany you. I bet I'm just another one of his many companions.

I was so not going to do this. This was the first and last time I put myself in the spotlight and acting literally high and rich. I could see tall tables here and there, neatly dressed waiters walked around, serving cocktails and alcoholic drinks with side dishes. That should be where I belong, it is a harsh reality, but one I am not ashamed of.

There was a huge long table with a buffet. There were delicious foods that made my stomach grumble. Looking at this food made the saliva in my mouth go dry. I was truly hungry and sooner or later my stomach was going to growl.

After pictures were taken, Minhyuk and I stood at the backdrop to answer questions. Obviously, Minhyuk will do all the talking and I'll just look pretty and play dumb like very another dumb vase here. (Vase= rich idiot)

As we walked down the entrance, photographers were taking our pictures and I suddenly felt embarrassed at the close proximity we both had between us. No, my cheeks will not go pink. I am so much better than this. Please don't blush, please don't blush.

"Show a little affection please?" One photographer said.

"Yeah a little romance," another photographer said.

"A small kiss?" a woman suggested from the crowd.

Minhyuk chuckled and led me to the backdrop to answer questions. Please don't do anything stupid. As soon as we stood there microphones were raised to our faces and I took a step back at the sudden action. Minhyuk quickly put a hand behind my back to support me and I swear for a second, I felt like a princess. He indeed was taking care of like a gentleman tonight.

"You okay?" He asks and there was an aweeeeeeeee in the crowd. I smiled and nodded my head, "I'm fine, thanks".

We then turned back to the reporters for questions. "So tell us how does a young chaebol find this beautiful girl?" He laughed and replied. "It's actually a funny story, she was the girl that spilled chocolate pudding on my eighteenth birthday," my eyes widened when he started laughing. What the heck is he doing? Oh gosh, the embarrassment I feel right now can't be compared to anything else I have experienced in my whole life!