Chapter 1 - How it all started

I woke to a beautiful morning. It was the first day of school and I was quite excited. McKendrick Southern High School has the best track team, and I was going to try out for the team. I was the best at my middle school, not to brag about it though. It's been a while since the accident two years ago which took my papa's life. Dad hasn't been the same since. He drowns himself in work and doesn't pay me any mind. I quite understand it though. They have been middle and high school sweetheart. They got married their sophomore year of college and I came after a year later. I've missed my papa so much but, I couldn't dwell on the past but focus on the future. I got ready for school and head out without acknowledging my dad who was reciting his script for his upcoming movie, The noise at night. It's a horror movie and I can wait for it to come out. As I arrived at school, I met up with my best friend Tristian Myers. We've been best friends since diaper days. A lot of people mistake us for twin brothers. We technically are but from another mother but, in my case, father. We were like human replicas of Cupid himself, with the curly blond locks, and the crystal blue eyes. We were both the same height of 5'10 and we both share the same birthday but, Tristian was older than me by a few seconds. My thoughts were interrupted by Tristian nudging me in my arm, Hard.

"Ouch! Damn its Tristian! That hurts." Rubbing my poor abused arm and glaring at him.

"My arm didn't do anything to you to abused it." Tristian rolled his eyes at me and I gasped.

"Don't you dare roll your eyes at me, mister." Poking him with my finger at his chest. He feigns a hurt look.

"Ouch! Damn it, Evan! That hurts." mocking me from earlier. I glared at him and punch him back. The hurt was now real. I smirked when he cried in pain.

"Ouch! That damn hurts!"

"That's for mocking me and abusing my innocent arm." He glares at me.

"I was trying to get your attention and tell you we are going to be late for class." I soon realized he was right.

"Oh. Let's go then."

We entered the school to see students scramble to their class. I looked at my schedule and notice I had English and rushed to the class before I was late. I sighed when I realized I was two minutes early. I sat in the middle first row. Everyone was chattering until the classroom door was opened. A man who looked to be in his early twenties entered the classroom. He had long black hair and frost cold calculating eyes that glanced across the classroom. Something told me that he's not a teacher to mess with. He wore a crisped black sleeve shirt he was rolled up to reveal tattoos on his left arm, black slacks and following were Louis Vuitton black loafers. I wonder how he can afforded them on the teacher's salary. My thoughts were interrupted. I could hear the girls behind me.

"Gosh! He's hot."

"Hot doesn't describe him."

"You are damn right."

I don't think they seem to notice that everyone in the class can hear them. Even the teacher who frost glare was directed at them. His voice is what shock me the most. It was so cold and emotionless. Why was his voice so cold? He must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed probably.

"You ladies in the back. Let this be my first and last warning to you. I am not your age, so don't describe me as a boy you want to cherish because I am not the one. I don't care about how attractive I am. Keep your mouth shut in my classroom or you'll see yourselves flunking my class. Am I understood?" They nodded. He gave them a cold smirk.

"Cat got your tongues. I want a response to ladies."

"Yes, sir. We understand."

They shivered in fright. His frightening smirk was still plastered on his face. He kind of reminds me of Voldemort and I don't know why.