Chapter 12-Starlight

Rafe P.O.V

Evan and I were just trying to keep our distance in the closet that his father and Athena locked us in, I think this was their way of trying to get Evan and me together. Well, too bad for them. We're trying to keep our distance from each other. Now you all are probably wondering how we got in the closet together. Well, here it is.

Earlier that day

"Are you sure that Evan doesn't know about me?"

Before David could answer, Evan did.

"Evan doesn't know about..."

The moment our eyes met, he froze for a couple of seconds, then just went back to normal as if him seeing me didn't even phase him.

"Are you seeing him, dad?" Michael spews his orange juice and coughed. I silently laughed.

"No Evan. Matter of fact. HELL NO! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?"

I glared at Michael. There was no need for him to be so extra. A simple no would have sufficed.

"Okay, dad. I got it the first time. There is no need for you to yell."

"I had to. He's yours. Not mine."

"No, dad. He isn't. He stopped being mine after he wanted me to stay away from him and that he didn't want to see me anymore."

He stared straight at me while saying it. He wanted me to react. Well, he won't get one. I just walked away and walked around. It wasn't until late that Athena wanted me to help her look for her favorite sweater. I went into the closet and found Evan in there. Before I can even ask, the closet door shut closed and then I heard the bolt of the lock. Great. I'm locked in a closet with him.

"So, you got tricked into coming into the closet?"

"Yeah."

"So, how's-" I cut him short.

"Look. I don't have anything to say to you." Then there was silence and it when on like this for a while. Outside of the closet, David and Athena are disappointed. They were not trying to fix things between them.

Evan chuckled coldly and harshly. "You always made things all about you. I'm just trying to have a small talk, but no, you go straight for the jugular. So, how's life been? Wait. Let me guess. Nothing has changed since we broke upright. Did you go on countless dates and found no one to fill in the void that I left? Right?" I said nothing and ignored him.

"I take your silence as a yes. You can be all stuck up and act brand new all you want, but I don't care anymore. I'm done trying to get you back and try and fix what could be possible left of our relationship." I scoffed.

"There is no relationship to fix at all and I don't want you back. You weren't good anyways. I just used you to fill the void your dad left. That's all. I didn't think it would end up being a relationship and I don't ever think about myself." It was silent for a while. A few minutes later, I heard a sniffle. I turn and I was shocked to see tears falling down Evan's cheeks. I felt guilty for spewing those lies. I didn't mean them. I approached Evan but he backed away from me.

"I always thought that I was lucky to be with you. I thought maybe you'll be the one for me. The one I would see myself having the family, but my dad was right about you and I didn't listen. You are a homewrecker, and you will always be. I hate you, Rafael Lawrenson. I hate you so fucking much that I don't ever want to see ever again."

I froze as he walked past me and banged on the closet door.

"OPEN THIS DAMN DOOR RIGHT NOW!!"

Michael opens the door and watched Evan leave the house and slamming the door after him, causing all of us to flinch. Michael glares at me harshly.