Chapter 9- Feeling Unwanted

Rafe P.O.V

It's been a few days seen I was caught in bed with my ex's son Evan. I mean at the time; I was horny and pregnant, and Michael never spared me a glance until I was done with him. I don't know what to do at this point. Ever since then, I kind of distance myself from Evan and focus my time and effort on Athena. I'm not trying to make it seem like Evan's problem, but he isn't. It's me and I don't think I want Evan around until I figure something out. So, I'm going to do one of the hardest things I ever have done and that is to kick Evan out until I can think things over.

"Good Morning babe. "Evan comes towards me to give me a peck on the lips as usual, but today, I turn my head, so he ends up giving me a peck on the cheek. He seems to sense that something is not quite right.

"Rafe. What's wrong? "I sighed and turned my head looking at him. This is one of the hardest things I ever had to do. I hope he understands.

"Evan. You need to go and find another place to stay. I think you overstayed your welcome. "Evan's smile vanishes from his lips and an emotionless mask appears and suddenly the room's atmosphere becomes chilly.

"Okay."

I was shocked by his response. I thought he would argue with me, which I didn't want. I was content. He went to go pack up his things. I hope he didn't take it to heart. I hope he knows that I had to think about his little sister. As he was coming out of our bedroom with his belonging. I approached him to give him a goodbye kiss, but he just walked past me like I wasn't there. Was I missing something? because apparently, I did. I thought he took the situation like a boss, but how wrong was I to think and assume that. He felt like I was abandoning him. I soon learned that the hard way.

Evan P.O.V

I drove from Rafe's place in tears. I thought I could go to him for comfort, but I guess I was wrong about that. He tossed me out like I didn't matter anymore. First my dad, now him. I don't know what to do anymore. I decided to stay at a hotel for a couple of days. I wanted to hear my dad's voice knowing that he wants nothing to do with me right after what happened. Maybe I shouldn't. Summer was going to be over soon, and I had to start shopping for school soon. No. I need to hear his voice. I took my phone out and dialed his number. He answered on the third ring.

"Hello? "Hearing his voice brings me to tears. I sniffed. Hearing that, my dad became worried.

"Evan. Are you okay? It sounds like you're upset."

"No, dad. I'm not okay. "I then begin to tell him what's was wrong. He when from calm to angry to being calm again.

"Evan. I may not forgive you for sleeping with that "man", but you are my son, and I don't want you to ever feel like I abandoned you as he did. Please come home okay. We'll take more. "I was so relieved to hear him say that.

"Okay, dad. I'm coming home."

Several days later, Tristian and I went school shopping, and I spilled the tea about Mr. Lawrenson and me. Ever since what happened a few days ago, I distant myself from Mr. Lawrenson. He's been trying to speak to me, but I treat him like my ex-English teacher and not my estranged boyfriend. I don't even call him by his first name anymore. I mean, I think I should think about what I want. I haven't spent enough time with my friends at all. Soon with Mr. Lawrenson out of the picture, I can spend more time with them, including my best friend. While shopping for school clothes, I bumped into an unwanted person that I don't want to see. Mr. Lawrenson.

"Sorry. I didn't see you there."

"It's okay. Evan. Do you think you can take some time to speak with me?"

"I'm kind of busy right now. Maybe later? "Hopefully, that would get him to back off and leave me alone, but no. He sighs, knowing that I'm trying to avoid him.