Chapter 1 - You've Got Mail

It was early Saturday morning as Angeline sat at the bay window of her bedroom. She couldn't sleep all night, today was the last day to receive the letter from her university informing her whether or not she had been chosen to study abroad. Many applicants had applied but she had been told by her advisor not get her hopes up since most of the students who would be chosen had completed three years at the university. Angeline was only just beginning her second year.

She looked over at Mrs. Gill's house and saw that Mr. Thomas, the mail man, had just dropped off her mail in the mailbox. Jumping, she opened her bedroom door and headed down the stairs nearly knocking down her mother.

"Sorry Mom!" She yelled as she continued towards the door.

"Make sure you don't knock over Mr. Thomas!"

Not bothering to look back as her mom yelled to her. Only she was too late. Angeline nearly startled poor Mr. Thomas as the door flew open. She gave him an apologetic smile.

"Morning Mr. Thomas." She said as she stood there awkwardly in front of him. Mr. Thomas was in his early seventies. Sweet old man after his wife passed he spent everyday working the mail route. Angeline hoped she'd have that kind of stamina when she got to be his age.

"Morning Angeline, I take it you're waiting on that letter again?" He asked.

She'd been after the mail for nearly two weeks, and today had to be the day she would receive the acceptance letter. Angeline watched as Mr. Thomas handed her the large white envelope addressed to Angeline Montgomery, from California State University Study Abroad Program. Smiling wide she took hold of the envelope.

"Thank you Mr. Thomas!" She said and waved him off. She walked in the house closing the door behind her and leaning herself against it. Looking down at it once more, she held it to her chest and went up to her room. Placing the letter on her bed she paced back and forth biting her nails, which is something she does when she's nervous. She didn't have the will to open it herself, so she did the next best thing when you're in a bind. Call your best friend. Grabbing her cell off the nightstand, she quickly scrolled through recent calls and dialed the one person she could count on with everything, Maddy, Her best friend since the sand box days. After the first ring she answered.

"So... Are you going!?" She yelled.

Angeline shook her head. She knew Maddy was a spunky wild girl. As they got older Maddy sprouted in to a beautiful woman. She is definitely a fire cracker still at the lively age of nineteen.

"No, Maddy I haven't opened the envelope yet. I'm freaking out over here." She replied as she sat down on her bed, eyeing the dang envelope.

"Oh, Ang I'm coming over. Be there in twenty." She said as the line went dead.

Angeline looked at her phone in hand. 'Twenty minutes!' Could she even wait that long?.

She decided to take a shower in the mean time just to kill time. Walking in her bathroom she looked in the mirror and all she saw was a plain girl. She had long black wavy hair with green eyes, olive colored skin and an hour glass figure. Angeline had never met her father but knew for sure she took after him with dark hair and the eyes. Her mom never really talked of him, but she had said that when she'd be ready, she'd tell Angeline whatever she wanted to know about him. Angeline felt she didn't need much information about someone who could forget all about her mother and never looked back.

Letting the water hit her body she felt herself relax. Rubbing the soap over her delicate breasts and down the path of her stomach. Feeling the tingles of her own hands on her body. At nineteen and still a virgin, she sometimes wondered if saving herself for marriage was the right thing to do. She, at times, really wanted to break that rule. Being sexually frustrated is not the best thing in the world so she admitted to occasionally pleasuring herself. As the water began to turn cold Angeline quickly got out the shower. Throwing a pair of yoga pants and a tank top on. Walking out of the bathroom she found her friend sitting on her bed holding out her favorite Starbucks coffee. She smiled and took the delicious coffee into her hands, instantly warming her up again.