Chapter 32 - The City Of Lights

The cab ride to the hotel had been mostly quiet. Not that any of them felt guilty or awkward about the night before, but mostly because they were all staring out the windows, taking in their first impression of Paris lit with a lazy morning sunlight.

Angeline had been impressed by the beauty of Spain, but this city was very different. Catalunia was a sexy wild child, Paris was the classy lover. Every street corner had its own style, or statue and the Seine River was slithering its way right through the French capital, giving it a constant flow.

Parisians and tourists were like ants in the busy streets. Motorcycles and delivery trucks were adding a buzz that reminded Angeline that this was not just the City of Love she had seen in tens of American movies, it was also an economic and financial European powerhouse.

The taxi jerked to the right. The driver cussed in French and honked hard at a courier motorcycle who had just cut in front of him. Ten seconds later the ride was back to normal. She kept her eyes on the sidewalk, but her mind quickly traveled from the scenery before her towards what laid ahead.

What now? She thought to herself. The most passionate man she had ever met had just made love to her in a night train on their way to Paris. Was that the peak of her life? Was everything from this day on meant to feel less intense? What else could she possibly wish for, what else could Carson possibly do that would make her feel any more special?

But above all... was this the beginning of something stronger, or the end of an incredible ride?

"Angie?"

Angeline turned her head. Carson and Sabrina were already on the sidewalk in front of their hotel. She shook her head as if trying to come back to reality and slid her way out of the backseat of the taxi. Carson slammed the door shut and carried her small suitcase into the lobby.

The place was cozy, even tiny to most American standards. The city wasn't built yesterday and finding a hotel close to downtown Paris required to sacrifice grandeur for conveniences. The female clerk greeted them politely and Angeline almost noticed amusement in her voice as she wished the older man and his two younger friends to have a "pleasant stay".

The room was well decorated and clean, and reminded her of the room Sabrina and her had stayed in in New York, with a smaller bedroom opening up to a more spacious suite. Sabrina instinctively went for the mini-room and Angeline felt natural about it. She opened the, what else, French doors and stepped outside on the small balcony. Street noises instantly reminded her they were in the heart of the city.

She turned around, leaning back on the rod iron balcony.

"This is perfect!" She said to no-one in particular. Carson looked up from an open suitcase he was unpacking. If they were to spend a few days here, they might as well make themselves comfortable early on. He joined her on the balcony and hugged her like an old couple would, more like a young couple would, as a matter of fact as he recalled how he and Christen had quit being romantic long ago.

Angeline accepted and welcomed his arms wrapped around her. She kissed him passionately. This was their romantic getaway, and they all had accepted Sabrina's presence as a taboo bonus, not an inconvenience.

Carson kissed her back, fighting an early need to strip her down right there on the balcony. Maybe tonight? He thought to himself as their lips parted.

After each one of them had taken a rejuvenating shower, the trio geared up for a day of walking the streets of Paris. Though Carson had been there a few times years ago, he never set had set foot on the touristic sites, sticking to the business at hands that had required the travel arrangements in the first place.