Chapter 17 - The Truth Is Out.

Angeline had managed to dip into a side of her she never knew she had. Things between her and Carson were becoming very hot and very dangerous. The repercussions of what they were both doing could cause loads of problems. The chance of getting sent back home and losing this opportunity and also losing the chance to be with the very two people she’d come to care for immensely. After their naughty foreplay at the beach, she and Sabrina took to some fun in the water. Taking a few glances back towards Carson, she noticed he was no longer at his spot. She looked around but he was gone.

After having spent most the day at the beach, the girls made their way back home. They both were tanned and starved.

"So what would you like to eat my lady?" Sabrina asked over her shoulders as she opened the fridge.

Angeline, still feeling a slight headache from the previous night, was just in the mood for some comfort food. She knew she wasn't going to head out for the night but just stay in.

Angeline walked around the counter and stood by Sabrina and scanned the fridge.

"I'm really in the mood for some chicken soup. I can start cooking on the soup and once everything is in the pot. We can both wash up and it should be close to being done." Angeline replied.

Sabrina smiled. "Would you like some help?" Sabrina offered just as Angeline got everything she needed on the counter.

"Sure, if you can get two cutting boards and I will start on the chicken you can cut up some veggies." Angeline suggested, Sabrina happily got the cutting boards and the girls went to work.

"You know it's funny the last time I remember cooking with my mom I think I was about six. We made chocolate cake." Angeline looked over at Sabrina as she stood in thought remembering her cooking moment with her mother. For some reason Angeline felt guilt in her stomach. She had managed to forget all about Mrs. Cortez and the fact that she was now somewhat sneaking around with her husband. Angeline quickly pushed the thought away and smiled at Sabrina.

"I'm sure it was a delicious cake, Sabrina. Anything made with love and happiness comes out better then you can imagine." Sabrina nodded.

"Well it wasn't really planned out like that. My mom had bought cupcakes for my class to celebrate my birthday and I loved chocolate cake so to make me feel special everyone got vanilla and I had just the one chocolate cupcake. But I ended up dropping it on the floor when tripped over a chair. I was devastated for my cupcake!" Both girls laughed at the thought. "So anyways I came home and told my mom and we had chocolate cake mix and frosting so she asked if I wanted to make some... I tell you Angeline my smile went from ear to ear. But that was the only memorable time in the kitchen with her. I mean I love my mom but she finds everything easier if it was bought." Sabrina said slightly annoyed.

Angeline had no idea how to respond. The upbringing she had was very different from Sabrina’s. With her mom, every day was a memorable moment. She never missed a school play or function and always home by dinner and managed to run a successful business. Just thinking about her made her chest tight. Sabrina looked over at Angeline and noticed her change in emotion.

"You okay?" She asked Angeline, who nodded in response. 

"Yeah, it's just all this mom talk has me missing mine." Sabrina smiled and mumbled. "Touché, I feel you on that one. Tell me about your mom if you don't mind." Angeline was surprised by Sabrina's sudden interest in her mom, but was happy to tell her what a wonderful person she was.

"Well, she's a single mom, even till this day." Angeline said shaking her head as she continued cutting the chicken. "She owns a well-known bakery in California. We always did everything together. She is my best friend, my heart... And I miss her, it was hard on her me leaving across the world for so long, but she understood this was what I wanted." Angeline smiled at Sabrina. She could see in the Spaniard girl’s eyes the look of want in her eyes. 

Sabrina couldn't help but feel a little jealous at her friend’s relationship with her mother. It was something she'd always craved from her mom but to no avail; Christen Cortez didn't change her ways after having a child. Which is probably why she never had siblings of her own.

The girls set up dinner to slow cook in the pot. They both set off the shower. Angeline walked into her bathroom and turned on the shower. As steam began to fill the room, she stepped into the shower letting the hot water kiss her skin. As she soaped her body, images of Carson's hands deliciously tortured her body. She could still feel the heat of his strong rough hands on her. She wanted him. It was more than a mere attraction. He made her feel safe in his presence. The tender way he took his time with her. She wanted more but how far was she prepared to let it go before she got burned.

There was a knock at the door. "Angeline? It's me Sabrina." She peaked her head through the door and was clouded by steam. 

"Yeah?" Angeline mumbled as water drizzled down her face. 

"I'm going to head to the market bakery for some bread. It'll only be about twenty minutes." Sabrina yelled over the shower to Angeline. She had looked for her father to see if he could go but apparently he wasn't in the house. She had no idea where he took off after the beach. And lately she had noticed his change whenever Angeline was in the room or her name was mentioned. She had no idea what was going on between the two, but if it was what she was thinking then she only hoped they knew what they were doing. "Oh and the house is yours! My dad must have left. Not sure where, but the house is empty just so you know"

"Okay." Angeline replied. She, too had noticed Carson's sudden disappearance earlier. She wondered if he regretted their actions. Angeline pushed the thought away and hopped out the shower, grabbing a warm towel off the towel warmer and wrapping it around her body. She towel dried her hair and combed out all the tangles. Once she was finished she walked out and jumped when she saw Carson sitting on her bed, wearing a white T-shirt and his swimming trunks from earlier. He looked up and scanned her with his hungry eyes. He cleared his throat and stood.

"I'm sorry, the door was open... I thought you..." Angeline quickly cut him off. Now was the time to talk about what's been happening between them, she thought.