Chapter 18 - Pleased to Meet You.

Carson was in his office, leaning comfortably in the leather executive chair with his feet on top of the mahogany wood desk. The past few days had taken a toll on him so he needed the time to think, and an aged Whiskey on the rock was always a great helper.

Sabrina had come home from school and was quick to assist Angeline understand what had happened in the club, and cope with the aftermath.

When the bell rang, Carson activated the camera to check who was paying them a visit on a week day. He hadn't heard any car pull up the driveway and people rarely walked up the road on this side of town. Many of his neighbors had top notch security systems and private guards, so Carson felt safe without having to spend a fortune on private security.

The visitor on the screen was unknown to him, but Carson walked to the front door and greeted the man in. An hour later, they were still both in his office.

If Carson had thought that his romance with Angeline was some kind of a test imposed to him, the last thirty minutes of conversation with the man sitting on the other side of his desk had pushed the limits further. He was still trying to come up with a way to deal with this latest predicament when the office door opened.

Angeline appeared and took a few steps in, as if on a mission, before realizing Carson was not alone. Her eyes went from the man who had just given her the most intense pleasure of her life... to the one who had tried many times over.

"Derek?!" Angeline managed to say with a shaky voice, her face had turned pale in an instant.

"Hey Baby."

Derek stood up, his expression showing both genuine happiness to see his girlfriend and apprehension about her reaction for showing up uninvited. After a second of hesitation, he took a few step towards Angeline to give her a hug, but she backed off instead.

"What are you doing here!?" She asked him angrily, almost forgetting Carson was in the same room.

Derek stood there sheepishly. He had thought of all the different reactions Angeline could have to seeing him in Spain, and sadly enough, this was the one he had labeled "worst case scenario."

"I... I wanted to surprise you." He said after glancing towards Carson, as if trying to make her understand he was a little uncomfortable in the presence of Angeline's host.

Carson noticed the young man's look of desperation, and as much as he would have liked to go unnoticed and watch them argue, he knew he needed to excuse himself.

"I'll let the two of you discuss things out." He said as he stood and walked by Angeline.

Carson could not believe this latest turn of event. If there was a God of Awkwardness, he probably had been sending offerings without knowing.

"Mr Cortez, I'd rather you stay in the room."

Mr Cortez? Carson would have understood if Derek had made the request, but Angeline was the one asking him to stay. Well, technically she was asking Mr Cortez so he stopped and looked at them both. He could not believe he had just made passionate love to the young lady standing in front of him, and now her boyfriend was in the same room as them, under his own roof.

From Angeline's reaction though, Carson was not convinced she would use the word boyfriend to describe young Derek. After checking them both, he turned around and sat back down at his desk. Angeline was under his care, and if he had learned anything from the club episode, it was that he would always be by her side from now on.

"I'll be working on a few things on the computer." He said as he clicked on his favorite Solitaire game.

The stare-down between Angeline and Derek was continuing, but past the initial surprise, tension was a bit lower now.