Chapter 31 - Old Europe

Almost to her regret, Angeline couldn't help but accept the fact that the impromptu trim job had greatly satisfied her immediate needs. Sure she could just about rape Carson anytime of the day, but she was now ready to wait for a better timing.

The kitchen had been the next room the old man had shown the odd couple, but hunger had interfered and the little role-play had slowly died of natural causes. Carson prepared some tapas and sandwiches and they all brought the snacks and drinks outside on the terrace.

They sat down around the thick granite table, forming a formidable triangle.

"I've missed you both." He finally told them, before grabbing a few green olives off the cup on the table.

Sabrina smiled but said nothing as she was still chewing on her sandwich.

Angeline was leaning in her chair, her eyes closed as the sun was warming up her skin and soul.

"It's good to be back home." She said simply. But she smiled in her mind, an evil smile as she knew exactly what the home meant to Carson. She could have simply said it was good to be back, and that was very true, she was really happy to be back in Spain. For one thing, she probably needed the distance between her and her newly found dad. She was dying to get to know him better, but for some reason, she felt their relationship needed to grow at a slow pace. You don't drown a seed to make it become a tree, you water it slowly and often. Yes, she agreed, distance would indeed be a good thing.

"Back home." This time she really smiled, keeping her eyes closed but feeling Carson's eyes were probably locked in on her.

Home.

She didn't belong here. The sensation had been there all along, but she was slowly coming to the realization that, as much as she loved being here, she just didn't belong.

Home.

Her roots were back in America. Her mom lives in California, her dad in New York. This was home. Melancholy was slowly settling in and with it the decision that she had to leave soon. Actually, she didn't want to leave Carson and Sabrina, or the beautiful landscape and even the few friends she had made at school. In a perfect world, she'd bring all those things with her back home. She didn't want to leave, but she knew she had to go back to America.

"I want to go to Paris!" She said, as if the words had come out before the thought even had had a chance to fully come to life.

"Paris, France?" Sabrina asked, clearly caught off guard.

"How many Paris' are there around here?" Angeline shot back playfully.

Carson was now smiling. That could turn out to be an interesting trip.

"When is your next school break?" He asked, indicating to both girls that the idea was not all that crazy.

"What's today?" Angeline asked back as she opened her eyes.

"Miercoles." Sabrina replied in between bites.

"We go back to school on Monday." Angeline said in a soft voice. "Let's go tomorrow!"

This time Sabrina couldn't hide a puzzled look on her face.

"Tomorrow?!" She turned to her Carson and asked. "Dad, what did you put in her drink?"

But Carson was passed the point of being shocked or surprised by anything Angeline would say or do. They did have a few days until the girls had to report t5o school, and Paris was what, 2-hours away max by plane. Though sudden, the idea was not all bad.

"Let's get packing." He finally said as he stood up.

'Dios mios! They've both gone crazy!" Sabrina exclaimed as she placed the half-eaten sandwich back on the plate in front of her.