Final Chapter - No Curtain Call

Angeline was sitting at her father's kitchen table, a cup of hot coffee lodged between her hands, keeping her warm, as warm as her cold heart would allow. A blank sheet of paper and a Bic pencil were laying in front of her and she was looking at them absently.

Man plans, God laughs.

She couldn't get the stupid saying out of her head! Less than a year ago she was that fearless teenager just admitted into the Foreign Exchange Program, her head was full of travel dreams, the world was opening up to her.

Well, the world sucks. She should never have left home in the first place, or should have never come back! She was supposed to go study, study hard and come back a better, smarter person. But she had let the devil smile at her and seduce her. First the partying, then love, then lust... and finally she had allowed the disease to reach her loved ones, her longtime friend.

Maddy just wasn't ready for the lifestyle. The lavish mansion and fast cars, the modeling, the partying. She had entered a spiral of temptations, and she had entered it alone, ignoring her warnings. But Angeline was blaming herself now. She should have warned her, she should have forced her out of the cycle of friends she had made in Spain.

But she didn't. She was too busy attending to her own sins with the Cortez'. She hadn't stopped crying since that last night of debauchery in Spain. The memory would be tattooed on the inside of her skull forever.

"I'm not leaving, Carson. Ever!"

She had just fucked him yet again, this time making him face his own demons, demons she had finally embraced as she teased him about how good Sabrina's pussy must have felt to him. She had watched his facial expressions go from denial and disbelief all the way to the most intense orgasm she had gotten out of him.

She knew the man would probably forever cherish the taboo thoughts but never press the issue again and that was why she felt at ease teasing him with the whole concept. In fact, the forbidden aspect of it all had unleashed intense sensations in herself as well. Probably just curiosity, right?

But the night had turned to the worst moment of her life in a heartbeat. One second she was that wild sexual amazon riding the man of her life, the next her world shattering to pieces.

The loud banging on the door had startled her. Carson had quickly put his pajama's pants back on and walked quickly towards the front door, a concerned Angeline in tow. As they reached the door, flashes of red and blue lights felt like they were about to walk into a bad movie.

It was 2:37am.

"Who is this?" Carson had shouted through the door.

"Police." A woman answered.

Carson moved Angeline behind him and opened the door cautiously. Three people were standing on the front porch, with two police cars parked down below, their lights rotating in the dark of the night. The two male cops were in uniform while the female who had answered him through the door was wearing civil clothes.

Carson's first thought went to his daughter and he felt a terrifying sensation spread inside him.

"Senor Cortez?" The female inspector asked.

"Yes?" Carson managed to let out.

"We are trying to locate an American girl named Angeline Montgomery." The lady said, all business.

It was now Angeline's turn to feel as if her blood had been drained out of her.

Carson felt both relieved to not hear his daughter's name mentioned, but now also concerned about why would the police would be looking for his young lover.