A New Beginning | Chapter 1

Clarke POV

As my eyes flutter open I can't help but smile. Today is finally the day where I can start a new life.

I get myself out of bed and grab my phone. I have 3 text messages one from my new roommate Octavia who has also been one of my best friends since Kindergarten, I decide to open that one first

Octavia: heyyyy! Are you hyped? I'm totally excited to finally start college. Can't wait to see you there boo. :*

I decide to text back.

Clarke: Hey O. I'm so excited. Can't wait to see you. Tell Lincoln I said hi!

Lincoln is her boyfriend of 3 years. Octavia moved away from me about 4 years ago. She moved to New York while I still live in Chicago.

Don't get me wrong I love Chicago it's just...a lot of bad things happened to me. About a year and a half ago my dad died. He had cancer and was in remission but then he just died...and we didn't know how.
Until we found out that my dad lied about being in remission just so that we wouldn't worry about him.

My dad was a great man but I wish he would have told me.

The next text message I got was from my EX boyfriend Finn. Ugh. He cheated on my with my best friend Raven. We are still cool though because she didn't know he was dating me. We kept our relationship on the down low.

FINN: Clarke I know you don't want to talk to me...but I didn't mean it. I don't love her at all I love you! Please forgive me!!!! (Ps. You were so much better than her ;))

GOD! What a total dick head. I choose not to respond back. The final text was from Raven.

Raven: look what ex douche just sent me: *screen shot*
Finn: Raven I know you don't want to talk to me...but I didn't mean it. I don't love her at all I love you! Please forgive me!!!! (Ps. You were so much better than her ;))

Really Finn? You literally copy and pasted and just changed our name wow that's low. I text Raven back.

Clarke: WOWWWW....he sent the same exact thing to me, what a douchebag.

Another good reason to get away from here. TO GET AWAY FROM FINN! Raven is going to the same college as Octavia and I. We tried to get her as our 3rd roommate but she was already rooming with her current boyfriend Wick.

I don't know who our 3rd roommate is. I hope she or he is good looking. I need a new relationship. Oh yeah...I'm bisexual. I believe I can love anyone.

I start to get ready as I hear my mom screaming at me that we are going to be late. She wants to drive me down even though it's like 12 hours. We are taking a two day trip and she is going to stay in New York for a week before driving back.

I decide not to do my makeup because I don't have to impress anyone.  I look in the mirror and fix my golden hair a bit. And I throw on a tee shirt and sweatpants. And start to head to my bathroom.

I brush my teeth and head back to my room.

I pick up 3 boxes and head downstairs to greet my mom.

As I get down there I see the door open and she start to walk back in. She takes a box from my hands and starts to walk outside and I follow her.

I put the box in the trunk of our Range Rover. She wants to get me one when we get down to New York so I have a car.

"Hey sweetie. Are you excited!" She says with the biggest grin on my face.

"YES! I'm so hyped to go!!! But I'm definitely gonna miss you!" I say as I give her a hug

"I'm gonna miss you too sweetheart, I'm so proud of you" I hear her start to cry as she ok finishes her sentence.

"Mom please don't cry, we have a 2 more days together"

"I know but I'm gonna miss you"

"It's ok mom, I promise I'll call everyday" I pull away and start to walk back towards the house.

3 hours later

We finally finished packing the car and I get in ready to go. I feel my phone buzz and pull it out. It's a text from Octavia.

Octavia: GUESS WHAT?!? I found out our roommates name. It's Lexa Woods. She is a sophomore and I haven't met her yet. She gets here the same day as you. From what I heard she's kinda a badass. :)

Lexa Woods. It's a girl. And that sounds like a pretty badass name. I hope she's gorgeous....and into girls. The whole way there all I can think of is the name: Lexa Woods.

Hey guys . I hope you all enjoy my story. Chapters are gonna be longer I'm just sick and really tired. but I'm so excited for season 3 of the 100 to come out in a WEEK!!!!! AHHH. Team CLEXA all the way
Pic about is Clarke (aka Eliza)