Time | Chapter 9

I get back up to the room and Lexa opens the door and holds it for me.

I repay her with a smile and walk in. She closes the door behind her and starts to walk into her room.

"Lexa?" I say, somewhat confused on why she's walking away from me.

She turns around and looks at me, she doesn't look like she's going to say anything so I continue.

"Where are you going?" I ask her while looking deep into her green eyes.

"In my room? Am I not allowed to do that?" She says, obviously sarcasm present.

"You are so confusing Lexa. One minute you are saving me, and the next ignoring me. What's the deal?" I'm annoyed with her attitude and how she treats me.

She just stands there not responding. I decide to walk closer to her, as she draws her attention to the floor.

"Lexa! Answer me!" I say with anger in my tone.

"What do you want me to say Clarke?" She says finally looking from the floor back up to my eyes.

"I want to know what you are thinking, feeling." I say almost immediately after she asks what she wants to hear.

I see her speechless, looking for words. But all she does is turn and walk into her room. I immediately follow.

"You want everyone to think you are above it all, but I see right through you" I say. Her back is turned so she isn't looking at me.

"Get out" she says as she looks over her shoulder.

"I know you still feel something for Costia, you are upset that Murphy took her. I may be a hypocrite Lexa, but you're a liar" as I say this she still stays with her back towards me.

"A ton of people are scared of you because you intimidate them. But you don't care about what they think of you, do you?" I say getting a bit closer but still keeping my distance.

She stays silent.

"Not everyone....not you" she finally says. I am in utter shock from these words. I am speechless. I finally come up with words to say.

"Well if you care about me then...trust me, I'm not a threat to let in" I say finally getting closer to her and putting my head on her shoulder.

"Please" I say when she doesn't speak up.

"I can't do that" she finally says, her throat sounds dry, like she was contemplating what to say, but just couldn't quite make up her mind.

"Well...when you can, I'll be here, but for now...do what you gotta do I guess" I say and walk out of her room.

I feel the hot tears finally come out of my eyes as I slam the my own bedroom door.

I pull out my phone and text the one person I know I can trust.

Clarke: Mom? are you busy? Can we talk on the phone I need you right now.

I get an immediate response.

Mom💗: of course, is everything ok?

Clarke: I'll talk about it on the phone.

*ring ring*

"Mom?" I say sobbing.
"Hey Clarke what's wrong?"
"Mom I'm so confused, I don't know what I want anymore"
"What do you mean?"
"Do you know my roommate...Lexa?"
"Yeah the scary one right"
I have to laugh at that.
"Well she's not all that bad. I actually like her...a lot"
"Oh well honey, what's the problem"
"She's so confusing. I don't know if she likes me or not."
"You'll know, eventually."
"But mom, I want to know now"
"Clarke what have I always taught you...?"
"...all good things come..just some take longer than others"
"That's my girl" I can sense her smile though the phone, and I myself smile also.
"Well sweetie I have to go back to work. But do your old lady a favor, call me more often you brat." I know she's joking
"Sorry mom, will do"
"I love you Clarke, just be patient"
"I know mom thanks, love you too"
I hang up the phone and lie down on my back.

I hear a soft knock on my door and look up to see the one person I didn't expect.

"We need to talk" Lexa said.

NEW CHAPTER! AHH ITS NOT THAT GOOD, BUT I HAD A BIT OF INSPIRATION (you know who you are, raisin) BUT YEAH HOPE YALL ENJOYED THIS. New chapter will come soon.